Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yardarm is our favorite!

Comment

We ate at laguna reef yesterday. I had a pretty good burger... It isn't overpriced

I like Catfish Charlies but it doesn't have the scenic views of the restaurants that are on the water. Also everything is fried. It isn't overpriced

Waterstreet is very good but it can be pricey

Comment

Yard Arm is great. Rack Ranch took me to the Railroad Seafood Station, 1214 N Chaparral St, and I thought it was really good.

Snoopy's is for tourists lol. The food just isn't that great.

Comment

Snoopy's, best fried fish. Good sunset. Black diamond by the base. Fins if your on the island. Truth is, not much of the seafood you get in corpus is any fresher than what you get in DFW.

Comment

Railroad Street Seafood in CC and if close Aransas Pass check out the Fisherman's Daughter, both have very good Seafood

Comment

Went to Water Street, it was good not great. I have been eating out in NYC for the past several days so my taste buds may have had their expectations a little high

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                Went to Water Street, it was good not great. I have been eating out in NYC for the past several days so my taste buds may have had their expectations a little high

If you got Nyc taste buds then go to the yard arm. Katz 21 or republic of Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Water street is a little pricey and food is just ok. I did forget about black diamond, their stuff is good too.

Comment

Stay away from N Beach. Blackbeards, Pier 99, etc. unless you want your typical fried fish and bottled beer on a sea gull infested porch while listening to the bustle of the nearby TX 35/ 181. Hey, its great but not what I'd recommend to someone that's visiting for the evening.

For a nice evening spot, Water Street for sure. Try the Shrimp Picayune. All I eat there. Can't speak on the rest of the food Lol Make sure and make a reservation though. even if only for two. Surf club next door is a cool, casual spot for a burger/sandwich or a post-dinner beer and live music. If you look carefully enough, you can find an old pic of me surfing packery

Harrisons Landing has always been a cool place as well. Located Downtown, a couple minutes walk from Water Street. Eat indoors or have dinner on the floating dock, near the tiki bar and listen to live music. Last time I went though, they were still recovering from the storm. Hope they're back up and running.

The new Black Diamond is also worth mentioning. It's great. Enough said Lol

If you make your way to Port A (easy 20 min drive from "the island"), you have to get to La Playa. Different from the chain in CC. They've got daily specials (Mexican seafood) including fish that was swimming that morning or the day prior. My favorite are the blue crab enchiladas. Also, they've got a huge tequila "library".

Virginia's on the Bay is another cool place in Port A if you'd like fried platters, po boys, etc in a patio atmosphere. Watch the ferries coming in and out and watch the dolphins (Porpoises?) hanging out.

There are plenty of good seafood spots, especially on the island and in Port A. I just listed my favorites that I visit when I'm home.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                      Water street is a little pricey and food is just ok. I did forget about black diamond, their stuff is good too.
                      that's probably the best place in town if you hit it on a good night. I've had 1 "bad" meal there, and supposedly the normal chef was off that night

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                        Laguna Reef is our favorite.
                        X2. Laguna reef is great food

Comment

Railroad > Water

On north island Scuttlebutt's is awesome.

Snoopy's has excellent fried seafood. Not sure what the naysayers are expecting. It's fried seafood and cold beer on the water.

Comment

Working...
                          X