• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did it go SFA?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      How did it go SFA?

Went well. Definitely wet and I ended up getting rained out at about 10:30. Anyone hunting this segment needs to pray for cold weather and needs to be prepared for giant skeeters to carry you off. They were ridiculous out there. Hopefully the units will drain well after this rain. There was lots of water out there when I left and the creeks were roaring rapids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal and good luck SFA, just a little over 2 weeks out.

Rain is starting to worry me, Texoma is almost 10ft high, hope it doesn't flood like 2007, 2009, and 2015.

Comment

They had the road closed at the bridge when I tried to drive thru there on sunday. I came in from the east. I dont know how far it was closed westward from there

Comment

Good deal and good luck SFA, just a little over 2 weeks out.

Rain is starting to worry me, Texoma is almost 10ft high, hope it doesn't flood like 2007, 2009, and 2015.
            The units I was in were very wet before the rain really started. I was in Harris when the rain started to really come down and water was rising very quickly. If we keep getting rain we may need to bring waders to get into some areas and it may be a little more crowded during the hunt.

Comment

We surely need the rain but hoping for a break enough to keep everywhere from flooding. I am going to try and scout this week sometime or early next week.

Going on an adventure!

Comment

how high is Texoma now? Afraid it is still rising maybe it will push the deer up out of the bottoms!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  how high is Texoma now? Afraid it is still rising maybe it will push the deer up out of the bottoms!
                  It's 9.5 high now, My buddy tried scouting Saturday, the water was high and almost all roads were impassible. With it being the 3 smallest tracks of land, it's gonna be very crowded if it doesn't go down in three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    It's 9.5 high now, My buddy tried scouting Saturday, the water was high and almost all roads were impassible. With it being the 3 smallest tracks of land, it's gonna be very crowded if it doesn't go down in three weeks.
                    Yup. I was there Saturday morning and I knew when that rain arrived just before lunch it was going to start flooding the areas. Both units I went into before the rain had a ton of standing water. I can only imagine what it looks like now. May have to bring my kayak to get into areas.

Comment

Wow! Just saw on Facebook where the only area open for visitors is part of the Goode. Worst case scenario, how does this affect the hunt?

Hopefully houses in the area are at a higher elevation.

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Checked out the facebook post, their forecasted flooding shows a lot of Meyers flooded.

Comment

Checked out the facebook post, their forecasted flooding shows a lot of Meyers flooded.
                          Yup. Hopefully the rain will stop and water will start to recede. How was the segment A hunt of 2015? I don't remember how they handled that.

Comment

Subscribed good luck ladies and gents.
                            Hopefully this weather will be a contributing factor to everyone's success.

Comment

Segment A guys, check your email. Gayle sent us an email about the flooding. What's everyone's thoughts on it?

Comment

Just got it. I'm thinking best option is going to be push to next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X