No announcement yet.

cattle prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fish ole lady is a cattle rancher. He told me the best way to make a million dollars in the cattle business is to sell two million dollars worth of cattle.

Comment

What time did you start hitting the bottle today bro? 2 freakin funny
      Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
      My fish ole lady is a cattle rancher. He told me the best way to make a million dollars in the cattle business is to sell two million dollars worth of cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
        Lol....
        Probably correct, that is funny

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
          They are going to be cheap if we don't get any rain.
          And then some.

Hay is going to be in high demand again. Corn crops are failing. Looks like another expensive winter.

Comment

They must be going up. 3 cows and two calves were stolen off family land last week.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              here in North East Texas if we do not get an inch or two of rain in the next couple of weeks the prices are about to get real cheap.

-john
              But they never seem to be cheap when you are trying to buy some.

Comment

We sold a few in Crockett a couple of weeks ago and I was not very happy. Sold some older cow/calf pairs and they only brought $800 for the pair. They funny thing about it we sold another cow that had not bred back in 2 years and she brought $800 by herself. Sometimes it makes no sense what goes on at a cattle sale. One thing for sure hay is going to climb in price if we don’t get some more rain

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                  But they never seem to be cheap when you are trying to buy some.

Yep you end up forced to sell them for half price and then to build back up after the drought you have to pay double...but everyone wants to be a cowboy....LOL.

-john

Comment

I do better selling them separate...
                    Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    We sold a few in Crockett a couple of weeks ago and I was not very happy. Sold some older cow/calf pairs and they only brought $800 for the pair. They funny thing about it we sold another cow that had not bred back in 2 years and she brought $800 by herself. Sometimes it makes no sense what goes on at a cattle sale. One thing for sure hay is going to climb in price if we don’t get some more rain

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
                      So your 200-300 lb steers were going from $1.57-$2.00/lb
                      Thanks!

Y'all need some of our rain. We are 10" above normal year to date rainfall. We had 18 straight days of rain to close out May. It's killing the home building business. We had 10 straight dry days to start June and folks around here have just cut hay for the second time this year. Started raining again yesterday.

Comment

Are dairy steers sold normally at the same price? Just at the low end of the current range I’m assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                          Are dairy steers sold normally at the same price? Just at the low end of the current range I’m assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dairy steers are always going to be less than beef steers

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post

You need to split your pairs. Also you're selling short/solid cows which will sell by the pound.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              We brought several BRED cows that palpated and wanted them sold as stocker cows.
                              Yeah, they went for packer cows. A bred 1200# cow went for about $700. prices are low. Its no wonder i couldn’t sell our herd on our own. Apparently we are too high for bred cows and heifers that will palpate out even though our cows look 100 times better than what runs through the auction
                              What was age, breed, and bred to?

Comment

Went to the Livingston auction today. Don’t think I saw a pair sell for under a thousand bucks. A lot went for higher and some were older Mona’s. I was really surprised. Saw some tigers I wanted but to rich for what I wanted to spend.

Comment

Working...
                                X