Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Perch fishing is still fun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    What is funny is that I don't know that I have ever actually caught a "perch" except maybe when I was a little kid visiting gramma in NY. A perch is actually a species of fish. What we catch in all the small ponds/lakes around here are actually on of a variety of sunfish. I often call them blue gills, but technically a blue gill is one of many kinds of panfish in the sunfish family. To make matters confusing... bass are also in the sunfish family too

Anywho... throw your cork.. or your bobber... or you float... or your strike indicator... and have some fun!
    Caught a ton of blue gill with a buddy from Michigan. I kept calling them perch until he finally asked what was going on cause he hadn't seen one perch yet. Had to have it explained to me that they weren't perch. I was 24-25 at the time. Sad day.

But all this perch fishing has me itching to get a styrofoam thing of worms and a shady spot on the water.

Comment

Working...
    X