No announcement yet.

Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those sika came off a place I manage. Also lost a few elk , axis and some ibex crosses.

Comment

Any rut reports? I'm just north of y'all and it doesn't seem to have fired off well

Comment

Bucks seem to be looking for does and are kinda prerut all the ones I saw had their nose to the ground on a trail. It could be I missed the whole rut because I haven't seen a doe since mid October. Saw 4 bucks and 2 spikes and decided to take this one.
        Attached Files

Comment

“You been here for hour, you go home!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
            Bucks seem to be looking for does and are kinda prerut all the ones I saw had their nose to the ground on a trail. It could be I missed the whole rut because I haven't seen a doe since mid October. Saw 4 bucks and 2 spikes and decided to take this one.

Nice!
            In the spirit of the neck shot thread yesterday.....I took a doe yesterday evening, she never took a step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
              It appears it is also the place to go have a blast shooting 300 rounds of ammo in the evenings. then switch to a different gun and shoot 30 times.
              Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
              Man you ain't kidding! Seems like the past couple years its perfectly normal to hear people blowing through round after round all afternoon till dark. Especially on Saturdays!
              Heavens to Betsy!
              It's almost like they enjoy their private property rights as much as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Heavens to Betsy!
                I dont have a problem with it until they start zinging through the trees over my head while I'm at camp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Heavens to Betsy!
                  Never said they cant do it. Does not mean that i have to like it. All I know is that I would not do it during deer season. Just me. Blast away if that is your thing. Just makes for unhappy neighbors. Usually it is the same guys saying their lease sucks or it has no deer on it. Ya think?

Comment

Any recent reports? Gonna be heading down and hunting Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday. Only gonna be my 3rd trip to the lease since season opened. I'm going crazy not getting down there like I normally do!

Comment

gonna be wet. The water from last rains barely sunk in before yesterday and todays rains hit. No place for water to go, so lots of standing water. Deer are on feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        gonna be wet. The water from last rains barely sunk in before yesterday and todays rains hit. No place for water to go, so lots of standing water. Deer are on feed.
                        I was figuring on it being a wet muddy mess. It's been that way everytime I've been down this season so far. I'm looking forward to checking cams and seeing what bucks are still around and if the pot bellied 9 I've been hoping to see has gotten regular again. He vanished during the rut so I'm hoping he finds his way back and didnt end up in somebody else's freezer. The big tall buck I had on camera first of September disappeared and havent seen him in pics or person since September 1st. I'm really hoping he will show back up but not holding my breath on that one.

Comment

I am looking for a lease out in that area or even further NW. Let me know if anyone has a spot. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been watching this ol boy for three years, everything came together this afternoon:

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                              Been watching this ol boy for three years, everything came together this afternoon:

Good deer congrats

Comment

Nice deer. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X