This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    There's an excessive amount of stupid on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ain’t that the truth. A lot of people clearly don’t have an understanding of depression. They’ve clearly never been depressed or had a family member that suffered from depression.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Let Soros give you a billion dollars then the next day your doctor tell you that you have stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
      I'd make sure I had fun with it before I died. I **** sure wouldn't kill myself. I wouldn't leave my family with any financial burdens when it came time to bury me either.

I think that way because I'm not selfish. I've never been a selfish person and I never will be.
      Last edited by okrattler; 06-10-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
        Ain’t that the truth. A lot of people clearly don’t have an understanding of depression. They’ve clearly never been depressed or had a family member that suffered from depression.
        Exactly. This is a topic where you can never understand the reason why. It **** sure doesn’t have anything to do with wealth or success. There’s more to life than those two things

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
          Drugs? Only explanation?

It is hard to understand why someone would want to end their life. He had a dream job. He had that job for two decades because he had a talent, a gift for writing. Unfortunately, some that have a talent for artistic expression, also suffer from depression. So the gift they have is also their curse. I would rather be a "happy go lucky" average joe, than have that kind of talent/gift if it comes with depression.
          I don't know what the explanation is for it. I know things happen to people that are on drugs that never should have happened sometimes. If his mind wasn't clear he might have done something that he wouldn't have done had he been sober. Just being sad isn't a good enough explanation for me. We've all been sad. Life sucks sometimes but if people committed suicide every time they felt that way there wouldn't be very many people around.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I don't know what the explanation is for it. I know things happen to people that are on drugs that never should have happened sometimes. If his mind wasn't clear he might have done something that he wouldn't have done had he been sober. Just being sad isn't a good enough explanation for me. We've all been sad. Life sucks sometimes but if people committed suicide every time they felt that way there wouldn't be very many people around.
            I agree that being sad is not a good enough explanation. No explanation is good enough. But sadness and depression are on two totally different levels. I’m not validating suicide by any means, but it’s important to understand the drastic difference between the two.

Comment

Wow……….just catching up. Yep, as usual blind ignorance and pure unsubstantiated rudeness raises it's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Wow……….just catching up. Yep, as usual blind ignorance and pure unsubstantiated rudeness raises it's head.

And everyone wonders why far right wing conservatives are looked at like idiots [emoji23][emoji849][emoji57]

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                  I agree that being sad is not a good enough explanation. No explanation is good enough. But sadness and depression are on two totally different levels. I’m not validating suicide by any means, but it’s important to understand the drastic difference between the two.
                  I couldn't sleep for more than a few hours at a time for more than a year after my best friend got thrown out of a vehicle and was paralyzed from the waist down. Just a day before I had been with him traveling 80mph down the same road he crashed on. All I could think was "I should have told him to slow down. I should have told him to wear his seatbelt." It only got worse when I heard that if he'd have had his seatbelt on he'd still be able to walk. I went to work every day,got home,locked myself in my room. I didn't go nowhere or talk to nobody about it. I cried a lot. I took what happened out on myself. When I did sleep I had a recurring dream where I was looking at him laying in a coffin. You talk about being on the verge of being bat **** crazy....I've been there.

One day I went to the junk yard and walked by his truck and didn't even know it. Had he had his seatbelt on that day he'd be dead right now. What happened completely changed my life in a lot of ways. I think about it every time I load his wheelchair up before we go huntin. I've had times in my life where I was so depressed I didn't even want to look at nobody. I didn't see a psychiatrist,I didn't seek help. I got over it because I didn't have a choice. I understand depression,I also understand what suicide does to the family and friends of someone that decides that's the right choice to make. It's not good in any way,shape or form. It's a selfish act that will hurt people you love for their rest of their life.

I understand that depression is a real thing. It's a shame that not everyone wakes up in the morning and counts their blessings. Life could always be better. But it can always be a lot worse.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-10-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I liked the guy and will miss watching his programs. I hope he's found peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      There's an excessive amount of stupid on this thread.

I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X