No announcement yet.

How To Overcome Buck Fever????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without reading all of the above, the day I quit getting buck fever is the day I lay down the bow.

Comment

Texag93 said it best...Brian

Comment

Being married twice and divorced twice, the onliest things that makes me nevrous is a judge, a lawyer, a preacher or a husband huntin female.
        There's something calming about seeing a big buck walk out at twilight or early moring sun lighting them up. Of course afterwards I get all jittery, want to giggle and hoop & holler like a little kid.

Comment

there is nothing else on earth that will give you the same feeling that you get from seeing a huge buck come into view. The Nuge once said that when you stop having that feeling, its time to get your *** out of the stand. I know what you are saying and for me, i just try to not look at the horns to muck and to try to take alot of deep breaths to get my heart rate to slow down. just my .02

Comment

One method I have heard to help is to place a sticker with simple instrustions on it, like "relax, draw, focus on a spot and release", and place it on your upper limb so you can focus on that instead of the horns before you shoot.

Comment

RELAX!! Take a deep breath as you draw, flex your back muscles, and set your eyes and mind on the spot you want to hit. STOP. Take another breath and make a smooth release just like you do on a target. I've messed up a few and have learned not to panic. That doesn't mean I won't do it again!

Comment

Effexor works for me!!!!

Take that stuff and you will be a heartless killing machine!!!

Comment

Good advice spine. After Dave'n out on a DOE last year a put a pice of tape on my riser. It reads "AIM, Follow through, KILL". It is the last thing I look at before looking through my peep. Vtec, we all make silly errors, and things happen. Give yourself a break, and learn from your experience. You will master this and have a great season.

Comment

Working...
                  X