No announcement yet.

Private Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, depending on how far into training you are, you may look at a program like ATP Flightschool. They won’t coddle you, it’s fast paced, and nothing else in the world exists for a couple years but your training.... but, they are turning guys into sign on bonuses at regional airlines in 24 months from zero time.
    If you qualify for student loans, they are Sallie Mae qualified. You would still have to pay for some stuff out of pocket, of course, but it is easier than paying out of pocket at each stage of the licensing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Yup... After college, I was paired up with a cute instructor. I don't even know what I spent but after ~30hrs of her and I flying around, I was nowhere close to prepared for the check ride. 4 years later, here I am trying to knock it out. I really regret fooling around and not getting it done.
      How did that turn out?!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
        Since some of you are showing off your rides thought I would post mine. No afterburner and the wing is fixed but still good transport. Having been on all sides of aviation I like this spot the best.
        Do you fly out of MDD? I swear I saw this plane the other day in a hangar in Midland.

Comment

Did you finish?

Comment

Pilots - Aviation Industry Mentor Needed

TTT for all the pilots in the house.
            Last edited by SonOfTheSouth; 01-30-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
              Robert is a good guy, shame his other cessna went away. I know that plane all too well.
              Robert is a great guy!
              I finished my CFII and did some work with Jake across from Robert. Before that I was an instructor at Wings Above on the other side of the airport before Harrison took over, but quit when 9/11 happened.

I now fly into FWS from time to time in the Sovereign.

It was a career change for me at age 43 and it's been an awesome ride!

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                Is anyone else here on TBH a Private Pilot or work for the airline company/private companies? I am about 12 hours in and about to solo, I have been studying but need to start taking practice test. I am looking for the next step and the difficulty of becoming an airline pilot or a company pilot.

Thanks for the answers!
                There has been a lot of good information posted here. I live just north of you and would be happy to meet with you anytime. Or I could let you know when we will be at Spinks next and you could come out then.

A friend of mines son went through ATP and it has really worked out well for him. I have heard this from several people. It's just a lot of money...

Comment

There are more careers in aviation than charter or airlines. I’m an ag pilot and own a Cessna 421 to fly the family around in. I’ve used it for a couple charter type flights. Pipeline patrol is another option. Look around the net some. I’ve seen lists of pilot careers from AOPA or somewhere. Several different ideas there.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    Since some of you are showing off your rides thought I would post mine. No afterburner and the wing is fixed but still good transport. Having been on all sides of aviation I like this spot the best.
                    What plane is that? One of our partners has an Aero Commander that looks similar. I think he actually has two, one to fly and one for parts. He just got into a new King Air 300 and it is FINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                      I will be around and working at Houston ARTCC the whole month of July. Send me a text or give me a call and we can set up a good time for a tour. You must be a US citizen and have a valid ID. Mark Johnson 832-260-1326

Pic is a shameless brag, and a perk of the job.
                      I heard from my brother Don Barclay that a fellow named mark Johnson has seen a thing or two in his aviation career.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                        What plane is that? One of our partners has an Aero Commander that looks similar. I think he actually has two, one to fly and one for parts. He just got into a new King Air 300 and it is FINE!
                        MU-2 Marquise. Finest turboprop ever made.Fast , efficient, carries a lots with good range. Consistently gets first place votes for service.I have about 1000 hours in a 690 A turbo commander but this plane has more capability. I have also had several jets but this is perfect for what I do now.
                        Last edited by elgato; 01-31-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X