No announcement yet.

CO Draw Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did not draw a muley tag for my OTC Elk unit. Oh well. Probably see another 170" buck feeding in a meadow within bow range.

Comment

Deer! 3rd rifle units 77 78 771

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
        Dang! What you gonna spend them on?

Nevermind, I read your answer on an earlier post. I hope you kill a good one when you finally cash in those chips.
        Thanks!

Comment

Deer 2nd rifle season, first combination season, Unit 27

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            Does anyone know how bear tags OTC work? Can I get bear tags OTC in unit 33 & 23 & 24?
            Yeah, you can, starting Oct 13. You have to have an elk or deer tag as well though.

Not to discourage you, but bear success is very low in those units. Like sub 5%. But could be guys just buying the tag to have it in case they have the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Yeah, you can, starting Oct 13. You have to have an elk or deer tag as well though.

Not to discourage you, but bear success is very low in those units. Like sub 5%. But could be guys just buying the tag to have it in case they have the opportunity.

Hopefully I have some luck. The place I'm going, I was invited to this private land and last year they all saw bears but they were all elk hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called yesterday and they said they start selling bear tags in August OTC and they sell until they reach the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                  I called yesterday and they said they start selling bear tags in August OTC and they sell until they reach the cap.

I thought you could buy them online?

Comment

I thought you could buy them online?

I hope you're right. I'm going to check into it. If you find a link, if you don't mind post it up.

Comment

Another elk and deer point for me.

How many elk points is it taking for a high quality unit? I see the ones talking about 20+ which I am sure is the NW corner of the state. Don't really want to wait that long to cash them in.

Comment

I am not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone know how landowner tags work? Can someone from out of state use the landowner tags? Elk.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Some that come to mind are 2,10,61 and 201. Those all take 20+ to draw a NR archery tag. Other units to take good bulls. I just know there are some that are basically drawn once in a lifetime
                          Wow...….I know AZ , NM and NV have those issues but Colorado has not produced those type of elk consistently in 20 years. Humm, quite interesting to know.
                          When I applied I thought it was great. But I was in the midst of applying in 5 different states, for 3-4 different species, and money was getting tight. Now, I am hoping they go similar to AZ or NV, where they make you pay $100 or so for some permit, then $25-50 per application depending on species.

If they keep this system up, point creep is going to be nuts. Good luck to you next season, that's a long time to wait!
                          Join the party. It was getting bizarre at best but now I think this type of system is going to be horrific.

Whenever I get drawn out west or buy a landowner tag I add the bear tag...……...just in case!

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            I am not trying to hijack this thread but does anyone know how landowner tags work? Can someone from out of state use the landowner tags? Elk.
                            YES...…….landowner tags are sold to any hunter willing to pay the freight to hunt their private ground. I have paid for two over the years and both were over $3,000. The last two I looked into were $6,000 to $8,000 a pop!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              YES...…….landowner tags are sold to any hunter willing to pay the freight to hunt their private ground. I have paid for two over the years and both were over $3,000. The last two I looked into were $6,000 to $8,000 a pop!!!
                              Well I need to talk to the owner more but he has told me I could have a tag if I wanted it. I want to do my homework first and then call him to the carpet on it.

It is in the pagosa springs area I believe where units 77, 771, and 78 come together.

What would be the best season to hunt there? I am gona rifle hunt, if i get an chance it might be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                                Well I need to talk to the owner more but he has told me I could have a tag if I wanted it. I want to do my homework first and then call him to the carpet on it.

It is in the pagosa springs area I believe where units 77, 771, and 78 come together.

What would be the best season to hunt there? I am gona rifle hunt, if i get an chance it might be the last.
                                Get two and I will do ALL the homework for you!!!! Most outfitters/agents buy those tags and resell them to hunters across the country.......can br a BIG business!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X