No announcement yet.

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After debating on Monday if I should take Tuesday off I decided to go ahead and do it. I waited for the rain to start slacking off and got in the stand around 11:00. I was thinking about doing some rattling, and I read Red Man's last post (while I was in the stand) saying he saw bucks fighting, so I went ahead and tried it. I guess it worked...

First deer with a bow (recurve crossbow). Shot him just after noon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Great post oak buck!!!!
        Is his main beam on right side broke off?

Comment

Good job! Thats a cool buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
            Great post oak buck!!!!
            Is his main beam on right side broke off?
            I think it got broke off earlier in the year and the antler formed a weird palmated area. The brow tine on the right side was bent over like a candy cane too. The left brow tine wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              I think it got broke off earlier in the year and the antler formed a weird palmated area. The brow tine on the right side was bent over like a candy cane too. The left brow tine wasn't there.
              Very Cool!!!

Comment

Went to the lake (Fayette County) today and saw a nice buck with a doe in the first creek bottom south of Brenham off 389. Also saw a freshly killed buck in a ditch off 389 on the way back. Things must be ramping up.

Comment

We are starting to have does and bucks trotting around in the daylight on our game cameras.

Comment

Went to the lake (Fayette County) today and saw a nice buck with a doe in the first creek bottom south of Brenham off 389. Also saw a freshly killed buck in a ditch off 389 on the way back. Things must be ramping up.
                    You catch any fish? I saw a ton of boats headed to the ramp Satuday morning. Looked like it was Jan or Feb on the lake. Are the fish biting?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                      You catch any fish? I saw a ton of boats headed to the ramp Satuday morning. Looked like it was Jan or Feb on the lake. Are the fish biting?
                      Kids Unlimited tourney was Saturday

Comment

Yessir
                        It’s happening as we speak
                        Seeing bucks and does work scrapes. 4 & 5 year old bucks cruising/chasing in daylight. Hocks are stained all the way down their legs.

Comment

We had a good weekend in Bellville...no mature bucks, one barely legal 8 pt. and a couple small basket 6's. Bucks were nosing the doe, but they ladies weren't having any of it. I saw a bruiser on the tail of a doe on 105 coming in to Brenham Friday evening at dusk, in the New Year creek bottom where Hwy 50 hits 105. My wife said they were out closer to the road at last light when she came thru there. The next few weeks should be good ones good luck to everyone, I won't be back up till Thanksgiving unless plans change

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                            Didn't even take a rod & reel with me. Just went to run the boat and check out some spots I've been wanting to look at. A father & son I work with fished yesterday morning and caught 4 or 5 on Rat-L-Traps. One of them was around 6 pounds.

Comment

Anyone sat in the stand this past week? I'm heading up Saturday morning just to mess around for the day. I'm pretty interested to see what's on the trail camera. This weekend will have been two weeks since I checked it last. The deer I killed was in front of the camera when I shot him, so that'll be interesting.

Comment

Sat twice this weekend and didn’t see a single animal. Except a cow. Activity on the cameras has almost stopped. It’s so wet at the lease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X