No announcement yet.

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is that unknown fruit tree. The tree looks like a pear but the fruit sure are tiny. Any thoughts?

Comment

Look at this new guy who showed up. My 9 year old has proclaimed that this guy is going on his bedroom wall.

Comment

Cool buck
        GETTEM

Comment

Thats a cool one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool looking rack for sure.

Comment

Anyone out in this mess this morning? I’ll be out there this afternoon. It will be earlier if her soccer games get canceled.

Comment

That is a cool rack. He would look good hanging on the wall. Good luck!

Comment

Hey Fayette County here. Need a bit of brainstorming, we set the game up back up a couple weeks ago and have not seen a deer yet. Last year we had a deer stop by almost everyday. Seen plenty rabbits and raccoons this year. Last year we ran 100% corn, this year I threw a sack of some corn, protein, and other stuff mix. It should be about gone, I think I am going back to straight corn and bump up the feed amount. Thoughts? Ideas?

Comment

I dont have anything showing tight now either. Wait for the rut and hunters to change their pattern and I bet it pocks up. Or st least thats what im hoping for.

As for your mixture of feed, id sling corn and gravity feed protein if you want to feed it. Im sure thats how your neighbors are feeding it so theyre used to it that way. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Need to find a cheap gravity feed

Comment

Originally posted by Jpkoke View Post
                        Hey Fayette County here. Need a bit of brainstorming, we set the game up back up a couple weeks ago and have not seen a deer yet. Last year we had a deer stop by almost everyday. Seen plenty rabbits and raccoons this year. Last year we ran 100% corn, this year I threw a sack of some corn, protein, and other stuff mix. It should be about gone, I think I am going back to straight corn and bump up the feed amount. Thoughts? Ideas?
                        I’ve had a gravity protien feeder out for probably 2 months now with both corn and protien in it. They havent touched it. I have it right beside my timed feeder with the protien/corn mixture and they dont have acproblem cleaning that corn up but not the protien. Hogs and coons love it though but dont know why the deer wont eat it.
                        Anyway, my bucks have disappeared for the most part too. Have plenty does so i’m just waiting for the rut. I’m in muldoon by the way.

Comment

I just plan to keep feed the raccoons for now and hope the deer show up. Also plan to get oats down in a couple weeks

Comment

We’ve had a herd of about 5 does all spring and summer, and now they have been mia for a few weeks. That coincides with these new bucks showing up also.

Comment

I went and sat yesterday evening. Just as a trial run, really. Saw a four point & two does. I'm probably not going back for a while. Weather doesn't look good for the upcoming week. Highs in the 80's and lows in the 70's.

Comment

Bucks are starting to show closer to light in the evening. I keep dumping rain out of the rain gauge. Birds keep sitting on my camera, too.

My daughter’s target has made its presence known.

Comment

Working...
                                X