No announcement yet.

New to me boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs a trolling motor. What kinda fish finder ya got?

Also, this is the least hip thing but if you can find a bimini for shade, the family will last a lot longer fishing. Lot of universal ones for sale that will fit jon boats.

Here is mine!

Comment

Also get some great ideas from tinboats.net. you can add them on tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Needs a trolling motor. What kinda fish finder ya got?

Also, this is the least hip thing but if you can find a bimini for shade, the family will last a lot longer fishing. Lot of universal ones for sale that will fit jon boats.

Here is mine!
        thanks for the ideas, I do have a trolling motor for it. It's a salt water minkota, hand control. I'm going to install it this weekend. Also, I agree, the bimini top is a must. I was looking at them today, looks like I can get a nice one for around $550. The fish finder Is an older Lowrance, i'm going to be upgrading it soon as well

Comment

Man that’s the exact boat I want but I can’t find one at a decent price!

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
            Man that’s the exact boat I want but I can’t find one at a decent price!
            Ive been looking every day for the last few months. Their out there, you just have to be patient

Comment

Only real thing I see that would make me question that set up is it is likely under-powered. I have the exact same hull except it's an 18/60 tunnel hull and it has those sponsons on the back. I have a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke on mine. It is just barely adequate with extra folks and gear. I bought it new and rigged it out for bowfishing and for what I bought it for, it works great. However, lately I've been using it for lake fishing and bay fishing and I absolutely hate having those sponsons on the back. Because of those and that tunnel, reverse gear is next to useless. You almost cannot back up under control on dead calm water. If it's windy and you're trying to drive the boat up on the trailer and you miss a bit and want to back up... forget it...

Those are good hulls though and built like a tank. I like mine, but you just have to get used to how it handles in close quarters... Also hope you have a good troller. Mine has an 80# thrust 24volt MinnKota Riptide (saltwater version), and it is adequate, but for bay fishing when it's windy, I'd sure like to have that 101# version!

Edit: couple pics... have upgraded a few things, but it's still essentially the same with more lights...

Click image for larger version

Name:	070602 functionally complete-1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	24541998

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat on Conroe-070609-2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	24541999
              Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 05-31-2018, 10:35 AM. Reason: Add pics

Comment

very nice,congrats

Comment

I think I know that boat and motor, Did you pick it up in Katy?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Only real thing I see that would make me question that set up is it is likely under-powered. I have the exact same hull except it's an 18/60 tunnel hull and it has those sponsons on the back. I have a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke on mine. It is just barely adequate with extra folks and gear. I bought it new and rigged it out for bowfishing and for what I bought it for, it works great. However, lately I've been using it for lake fishing and bay fishing and I absolutely hate having those sponsons on the back. Because of those and that tunnel, reverse gear is next to useless. You almost cannot back up under control on dead calm water. If it's windy and you're trying to drive the boat up on the trailer and you miss a bit and want to back up... forget it...

Those are good hulls though and built like a tank. I like mine, but you just have to get used to how it handles in close quarters... Also hope you have a good troller. Mine has an 80# thrust 24volt MinnKota Riptide (saltwater version), and it is adequate, but for bay fishing when it's windy, I'd sure like to have that 101# version!

Edit: couple pics... have upgraded a few things, but it's still essentially the same with more lights...

[ATTACH]909942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]909943[/ATTACH]

I'm going to run around lake Livingston this weekend and see how that 90 pushes it around. I'm sure its plenty for what I need. I do have a minnkota riptide as well, I need to see what thrust it has though. I appreciate the advice

Comment

Originally posted by nick05 View Post
                      I think I know that boat and motor, Did you pick it up in Katy?
                      Yes I did, do you know Blake?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

[ATTACH]909942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]909943[/ATTACH]

The backing up part is due to the design of the tunnel. My dad had a 1860 alweld tunnel hull when I was a kid and it wouldn’t back up at all. I know a guy with a 2072 alumaweld and it doesn’t back up well at all. His also has a 90 and it’s underpowered.

It’s all about the design of the tunnel, my dad, my brother and my FIL all have Boatrights and they back up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                          Yes I did, do you know Blake?
                          Yes I do, good guy to do business with.

Comment

Nice looking rig! Enjoy it!

Comment

Nice boat. That model was the base for our bowfishing rig back in the day.

Comment

anything with a tunnel will have a horrible reverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X