PSA Don't be a Richard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
    That's what they put me on. 20 mg once a day. Had my follow up appointment this morning and I am down to 140/85. Not perfect, but a heck of a lot better, and doc says it should continue to improve.
    The 20MG worked for a few years but watch it, the body gets used to it and will start to climb again. Been on 40MG for long time now and that is starting to no longer work with some high readings here and there.

Comment

Ya'll watch out for any of the prils... Lisonpril, Benzopril, etc.

I had a run in with those. They can cause a wicked cough. By Wicked, I mean your vision tunnels to the point of cant see, and you black out. Happened too many times to me, and I ended up driving blind for about 7 seconds on I10... Spooked the hell out of me.

I've been on BP Meds for 17 years. On Atenol now. My BP last year when I had to get stitches was 220/180. Lil brown nurse went ghost white and made me lay down. It is scary as heck.

Here is another way to keep it down: Drink your water every day.. loose the weight. Exercise. Even then, you might still be on it, but at a much smaller dosage.

Comment

Glad you are good.... When I went through my spell. My BP was 210/165
        talk about being rushed to the hospital....

take care of yourself. many people are counting on you...

Comment

Originally posted by odessahunter View Post
          take care of yourself. many people are counting on you...

This right here... I will need you to drag the big buck out of the brush for me this fall....

Comment

Originally posted by harv418 View Post
            Ya'll watch out for any of the prils... Lisonpril, Benzopril, etc.

I had a run in with those. They can cause a wicked cough. By Wicked, I mean your vision tunnels to the point of cant see, and you black out. Happened too many times to me, and I ended up driving blind for about 7 seconds on I10... Spooked the hell out of me.

I've been on BP Meds for 17 years. On Atenol now. My BP last year when I had to get stitches was 220/180. Lil brown nurse went ghost white and made me lay down. It is scary as heck.

Here is another way to keep it down: Drink your water every day.. loose the weight. Exercise. Even then, you might still be on it, but at a much smaller dosage.
            Yeah the Prils do cause a cough, mine is not so bad and manageable FOR NOW.

Comment

Ole Richard head

Comment

The dry cough on lisinopril is pretty common. I had it - kinda felt like I was choking on a feather all the time. Insurance mandates you start on one of the prils cause they’re cheap. I switched to olmesartan and have been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  Glad you caught it...those are VERY dangerous numbers.

Just went to the ER yesterday for the same thing, although not as high...200/110. I'm 54 and never been on BP meds. Fell hard on my back and hit my head last week and after laying around for a few days my BP spiked up in the middle of the night. Woke up feeling claustrophobic like I couldn't breathe. Took the first Lisinopril five hours ago and now I'm at 121/81. It will probably go back up when I get the bill for all the tests they ran.

You need to go get checked for central sleep apnea after head trauma. Just my unprofessional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                    You need to go get checked for central sleep apnea after head trauma. Just my unprofessional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks!! Had not thought of that...and neither have the doctors. They ran a ton of tests yesterday and found nothing abnormal except my BP. Sounds like that may be an issue since my BP is highest when I first wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      Dizzy, dry mouth, anxious, nauseous, extreme shortness of breath. Everything around me felt surreal if that makes sense.
                      Glad youre okay although those are common symptoms for almost anyone spending time in Cabo?!

Comment

Working...
                      X