No announcement yet.

Could Use a few Prayers (graphic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise God! I pray your healing will be complete and the Glory to God for it!

What kind of pizza?!! Love me some garbage can pizza: New York style crust with "everything but anchovies"...

Comment

As for what happened, I was fishing the pedernales by myself, motor would not idle but if I floored it it would run fine, being memorial weekend I saw something floating and automatically thought to stop and check to make sure it wasn’t a person which it wasn’t thank god. Anyways the motor died and when I went to start it the starter broke a bolt and wouldn’t grab the flywheel anymore, great ok well I’ll pull start it. It would start fine if I kept it in neutral and pegged the throttle so ok great I’ll keep fishing. Well I fished for awhile and decided to move spots, that’s when things turned. I pegged the throttle out agin and pulled the rope only this time I guess the neutral button didn’t catch so I had the throttle pegged out but in gear! It fired right up and lunges forward and I fell hand first into the flywheel. Danced around and cussed for a minute then gathered myself enough to wrap it with part of my shirt that I ripped off. Dang motor died at this point so I pulled started with my other hand jumped in the seat and took off for the ramp which was 5-6 miles down river and called my wife and told her what was going on to meet me at the er. Didn’t stop til I hit the ramp. Well remember it wouldn’t idle so I tied a rope to the bow and waded down the ramp and got it loaded by hand and then drove myself about 25 minutes in a 5 speed to the er lol. There they transferred me to dell seton downtown Austin where they stitched me up and had me consult a surgeon Tuesday mornings and he fixed me up and reattached the tendon this morning! Thankful I didn’t fall in and for all the support I’ve gotten from friends and family and mostly thankful for my very helpful wife! Should be good as new in 8-12 weeks he said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good to hear that you're going to be okay!

Comment

Good grief! That could have been SO MUCH worse!! Glad you have a good outlook on recovery too!!
          BUT... did you catch any fish? Did your wife clean 'em for ya? I figg'r it's hard to fillet biggun's one handed!

AND... git that thar motor fixed!

Again, sure glad you weren't more seriously hurt and are going to be OK...

Comment

Prayers up for healing. Throw away the gloves and go straight to mitts! Holy Hades that had to hurt!

Comment

Glad the band aid worked. Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Darn it Michael - hope it heals up quick and the Doc put you back together well enough to keep on keeping on.

Comment

Dang hope both you fellers get stitched up and feeling better

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

**** brother I feel your pain looking at it! Hope all is well and prayers sent!

—————signature—————
                    ~Don’t overthink something simple~
                    ...:uptight people suck:...

Comment

Working...
                    X