No announcement yet.

Plug,twist and leaf tobacco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Starr brand is a decent “cheap” tobacco. Believe it’s abiut $7 for a two pack at the OK smoke shops. Find you some Cotton Boll Twist if you want to try something new. That was some stout tobacco. Seems like I remember Taylor’s Pride and Days Work being a couple others.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      That Starr brand is a decent “cheap” tobacco. Believe it’s abiut $7 for a two pack at the OK smoke shops. Find you some Cotton Boll Twist if you want to try something new. That was some stout tobacco. Seems like I remember Taylor’s Pride and Days Work being a couple others.
      I'm gonna be on the look out for some twist tobacco. I go into Kansas to get chew most of the time and it's even cheaper there for the most part. I can get Starr for somewhere around $5.00 in Kansas. Days Work and Levi Garrett Plug are a few dollars higher.

Lancaster and Taylor's Pride are a pretty good cheaper chew as well. Southern Pride,Trophy and J.D.'s Blend are in the same price range pretty much. Some of the cheaper chew has a good flavor but it doesn't seem to last like Red Man or Levi Garrett.

Days Work compared to Levi Garrett Plug is a little more dry and seemed to lose flavor quicker.
      Last edited by okrattler; 05-27-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I just picked up two pouches of Stoker's Red Supreme for $4.35. I hope it's good. If it is I might stick with this stuff for a while.

Comment

I much prefer the flavor of chew but after 10 minutes or so my gag reflex won't allow it. No problem with a tin of copenhagen every day though.. I wish I hated it all and could stop wasting money.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
            I dont chew or dip anymore but for 25 years or so if i was awake and not eating and i had some in. Towards the end i was ordering chew in bulk bags from a place called fred stokers in tennesse i think. Came in 5 lb bags i kept in the freezer. Just pull out what you needed for the day and put it in a ziploc. They had different flavors and it was the absolute best you ever had!!! Im not sure they are still in business or do it that way but it would be worth a try! It was so dang good, my mouth is watering just thinking about that stuff. All i have to do is think about all the time, pain, and money i left at the dentist office and i remember why i quit. Lol
            Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I remember Stokers had this stuff called Tennessee Chew and you could buy it in these huge bags like you're talking. I only had the Original but I'm pretty sure one they came out with was called Moonshine Blend and maybe a few others. The original wasn't bad and one of those bags lasted forever it seemed like.
            Originally posted by MisterB View Post
            This thread makes my mouth water. I love a good chew, but had to quit. Doc called it esophageal erosion and GERD. My wife hated my chewing. Said she couldn’t stand my spitting all the time so, I quit spitting. I just swallowed it. Did that for right at three years. No one ever knew I chewed because I kept such a small wad in my jaw and freshened often. I got mine from a place in Tennessee too. Wonderful stuff. Tried a chew a few times a while back but I got to hurting so bad I had to quit. Still love that taste. You reckon St. Peter sells chewing tobacco in heaven?
            Man this thread brings back some memories. Fred Stoker’s is still around boys!!
            Welcome to the official website of Stoker's tobacco products, please confirm your age to enter.

My daddy chewed tobacco every day of his life that I knew him. If he wasn’t asleep, eating, drinking (or maybe in church) he had a chew in his mouth and a coffee can to spit in.
            He also bought the huge bags in bulk from Fred Stokers in Tennessee. He would freeze what he could and had saved up old pouches for years and even had friends of ours donating their empty pouches.
            Funny story:
            My grandad also chewed Beech-Nut but not nearly as much as daddy and was always poking fun at daddy for buying so much chew in bulk to save a dollar. He was always razzing daddy about it not being near the quality of Beech-Nut or Levi Garrett, etc.

We had a lease in Junction and one time we were all sitting around deer camp after lunch one day and grandad (Peepaw), having run out of Beech-Nut asked to bum a chew off of dad. Daddy saw this as a great opportunity to introduce Peepaw to “Ole Freddy”, as dad called it...so while laughing, gave him a pouch. Now first understand, my Peepaw had the 2nd driest sense of humor of any human being I have ever come into contact with. The 1st? My daddy! The fruit didn’t fall far from the tree I promise.

Anyway....we all got to visiting and kinda lost track of Peepaw until we noticed him fiddling with something in the back of his truck. He eventually came out with his McCulloch chain saw...cranked it up and revved the engine real good! We all walked over to see wth he was doing and he had sprawled out every bit of chew in that pouch out onto the tailgate of his truck and started “hacking” at it with that McCulloch!!

Apparently Ole Fred Stoker’s product isn’t cut nearly as “fine” as some chewing tobacco! Peepaw said he was having to cut some of the “stems” off so he could chew it!!

Comment

Red Man in the red and green pouch. If I’m working around the ranch I gotta have it. Don’t touch the stuff once the workday is done.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                I dont chew or dip anymore but for 25 years or so if i was awake and not eating and i had some in. Towards the end i was ordering chew in bulk bags from a place called fred stokers in tennesse i think. Came in 5 lb bags i kept in the freezer. Just pull out what you needed for the day and put it in a ziploc. They had different flavors and it was the absolute best you ever had!!! Im not sure they are still in business or do it that way but it would be worth a try! It was so dang good, my mouth is watering just thinking about that stuff. l
                Same here! I would buy from then as well! 24-M was what I would buy.... And yes, mouth is watering thinking about it. I haven't had a chew in about 10 years. That was some good stuff though!

Comment

Chewed for many, many years and ended up mostly chewing Workhorse. Also chewed plug, Brown Mule, Days O Work and others along with twist tobacco. Never could find a flavored chew that did not taste like you were chewing on an overripe peach seed or some other over ripe fruit!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Man this thread brings back some memories. Fred Stoker’s is still around boys!!
                    Welcome to the official website of Stoker's tobacco products, please confirm your age to enter.

My daddy chewed tobacco every day of his life that I knew him. If he wasn’t asleep, eating, drinking (or maybe in church) he had a chew in his mouth and a coffee can to spit in.
                    He also bought the huge bags in bulk from Fred Stokers in Tennessee. He would freeze what he could and had saved up old pouches for years and even had friends of ours donating their empty pouches.
                    Funny story:
                    My grandad also chewed Beech-Nut but not nearly as much as daddy and was always poking fun at daddy for buying so much chew in bulk to save a dollar. He was always razzing daddy about it not being near the quality of Beech-Nut or Levi Garrett, etc.

We had a lease in Junction and one time we were all sitting around deer camp after lunch one day and grandad (Peepaw), having run out of Beech-Nut asked to bum a chew off of dad. Daddy saw this as a great opportunity to introduce Peepaw to “Ole Freddy”, as dad called it...so while laughing, gave him a pouch. Now first understand, my Peepaw had the 2nd driest sense of humor of any human being I have ever come into contact with. The 1st? My daddy! The fruit didn’t fall far from the tree I promise.

Anyway....we all got to visiting and kinda lost track of Peepaw until we noticed him fiddling with something in the back of his truck. He eventually came out with his McCulloch chain saw...cranked it up and revved the engine real good! We all walked over to see wth he was doing and he had sprawled out every bit of chew in that pouch out onto the tailgate of his truck and started “hacking” at it with that McCulloch!!

Apparently Ole Fred Stoker’s product isn’t cut nearly as “fine” as some chewing tobacco! Peepaw said he was having to cut some of the “stems” off so he could chew it!!
                    That's too funny. I can't remember what's had the most stems in it that I've had right off the top of my head. I don't mind stems so much as long the flavor last quite a while. I catch myself grinding chew up with my teeth until it's cut up something fierce. Stems and all.

Comment

Stoker's Red Supreme gets the nod from me. It's got a good flavor and it last quite a while. I just finished a pouch of Starr original before I bought it and Stoker's is definitely higher quality for a lower price. Starr has somewhat of a bitter taste at first to me. Stoker's is just good right off the bat. Y'all might give it a try if you run across some.

Comment

Working...
                      X