Congratulations on the job!

Are we going to be neighbors?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Congratulations on the job!

Are we going to be neighbors?
      Thanks Randy!

I wished I had the daily honor of being closer to you Mr. B

Gonna be moving to Lawton Oklahoma and Cameron University.

Comment

Now is your chance to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          Sounds like they need to up their salary offer to make up for their poor judgment....
          I agree. If you know you have the second job in the bag, then tell them you have another option on the table for more $. And ask for more salary, i.e. 5% more.

I wouldn't worry about being second choice, when the coach calls your number...you play your best.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Thanks Randy!

I wished I had the daily honor of being closer to you Mr. B

Gonna be moving to Lawton Oklahoma and Cameron University.
            Congrats on the job! That should get you closer to your deer lease, right?

Comment

If it is a job you want and a company you want to work for then do not worry about being second choice. Thirteen years ago I was the second choice for a large Medical Manufacturer. Their first choice lasted three days. They called me four days later and I took the job. I have been in Medical Sales ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Congrats on the job! That should get you closer to your deer lease, right?
                Thanks, Shane,
                Yes, Sir! that's probably not good It is 76 miles from the front gate at the lease to the school. It took me about 1:15 to get there when I went for my interview. That will greatly cut down on my current 3.5 hour drive

Comment

Decisions based on principle are rarely profitable. Dont beat yourself up over that. If it’s what you’re looking for, and good for you and your family take the plunge. Lots of prayers as mentioned

Comment

Don’t let pride get in your way. If you were excited about it as the first choice there is no reason not to take it now!

And never let that awesome deer lease go!!

Comment

CONGRATS!! Good Luck!

Comment

Congrats buddy! Moving closer to the deer lease is always a good thing..
                        Hope you have time to use it now...LOL

Comment

Wonderful to have choices...……..I am sure your choice is BEST!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Best wishes to you and your family, David!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                This long process took a couple of months. I was really excited about it all. Fast forward to May 1st when I interviewed. Went well. Didn't hear back from them till the 12th. Got the call, I was their second choice. I was pretty bummed out. Well lower than I ever have been about not getting a job.

Today they call. The guy who had taken the job declined it today.

They offer me the job.

I had mentally moved on to another job offer.

Now I don't know how to feel about being their second choice.

I'm a big boy and been doing this a long time. Don't know what to do. I told them I would let them know by Friday. I better start praying about it!

My wife was interviewing with a company about 18 months ago and things were going well and she was down to the last two candidates. They said the job required relocation to Nashville so she said she wasn’t willing to relocate and they hired the other person. She took another job and was promoted within 6 months. 12 months after interviewing my wife was miserable at her new current job and they reached back out and she threw out a number that was 55% higher than the job she took with the stipulation she stayed in Baton Rouge and they offered her a job meeting that. She went from working 70hrs a week to 40 and hasn’t been this happy in 8 years with employment.

I had similar experience when a sales position opened up and they came to a peer of mine who they had hand picked for the position. I only found out about it when he said he was offered the job but turned it down. My first thought was why wouldn’t they consider me over him but then I realized there was an opportunity and I told them I wanted the job and I got it. I knew what they offered him and asked them to sweeten the pot a little. I did not get what I asked but I got better than what they offered my peer.

Not exactly your situation but you may have the upper hand and can ask for a little more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X