NEW Chevy Colorado and having ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
    The truck is very nice. For a new truck.
    It's great my company wanted me to have a good ride, But I would have been much more happy in something no so teched. I am probably one of the few people who absolutely despise the new "programmed" vehicles. I don't need a truck to be a computer, I need one with a real motor, transmission, and gears. not all electric.
    So yes, the duramax, for a modern vehicle, is a good motor and it has ran nice, also gets about 30 mpg when running down the highway.
    I don't need to be schooled why this thing is supposedly so much better. I have a local diesel mechanic that does that daily. They also said go to the dealership.
    I had hoped someone knew more before I dealt with a dealership.
    If it is a 2017 you should still be under warranty unless you are over the mileage. Take it in anyway. May be covered under power train warranty.

Comment

We had a chevy truck "forget" it had 4x4, and they just had to re-program the computer.

Comment

It is most likely a switch or sensor of some sort. Same message for all of them. COuld be switch on the dash, actuator, but something not getting power like it should....

Comment

Just got the truck back, I did take it to the local dealership today. They had a few "recalls" to work through and said it was showing a low power to one sensor.
          All was under warranty.
          So the good news is they got it done in a day, and I, or the company wasn't out anything for the fix... I did read in several places where people had the same message and within 200 miles the message came back. So now it is a "we shall see" situation.

Comment

Just got the truck back, I did take it to the local dealership today. They had a few "recalls" to work through and said it was showing a low power to one sensor.
            All was under warranty.
            So the good news is they got it done in a day, and I, or the company wasn't out anything for the fix... I did read in several places where people had the same message and within 200 miles the message came back. So now it is a "we shall see" situation.
            Yep, you got the "Fix the part, not the problem" repair. If it did it once, it will do it again if it's a low-voltage issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Yep, you got the "Fix the part, not the problem" repair. If it did it once, it will do it again if it's a low-voltage issue.
              That was the first thing I thought.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

This was quick. I left the house this morning and 10 miles down the road I received the "service 4wd" message again. I guess I did not act right the first time so I did a little better job this time and looking into the name and number of the Regional GM manager.
                My boss wanted me to try them one more time, I Highly doubt Corsicana fixes the problem, but as soon as the 4wd will not work again I
                think a bigger stink will be in order.. It's most unfortunate ya'll were right Fix a part, not fix a problem.
                Does the green screen know of a "decent dealership" that is credible enough to actually fix something or is that like believing in world peace?

Comment

Thought I would continue to update this thread yet again.
                  We finally seem to be okay with the 4 wd sensors and components. Now, at 51,000 miles, I was stuck in Tyler yesterday. Had it not been for another gentleman who had some issues with Chevy before not sure what I would have done. The "anti-theft " system is messed up. I went into a gas station and came out to my truck not cranking. Key in, all lights are bright, all electronics work, but the key is dead when turned forward. After this man stopped by to help we tried a "hack" that worked at the gas station to make it crank, but now that will not work. There is also some people who say, if this happens you have to wait 10 minutes and then the truck will crank. That does not work either.
                  I have a 4wd paper weight in my driveway until after the holidays so Chevrolet will have yet another chance to deal with this truck.
                  IF you consider buying one of these, you may want to look up all the information people have posted about this particular problem. I am not the only one to experience such situation.
                  I get there can be good and bad's in any make, but none of the dealerships I have talked to were worth a wooden nickle from Chevrolet..
                  I still think the little mini sized Duramax diesel motor is solid, but the rest of the truck just isn't there.

Comment

Perfect example why GM went back to the 36k mile warranty. Hope they get it fixed right the third time around.

Comment

A GM product with electrical problems! Shocking....said no one every. Sucks to pay those inflated prices for a truck then have these issues that the stealerships can't figure out.

I'll never own another GM product....ever. Hope you get it fixed.....then flush that ****!

Comment

My 2018 F150 is at the dealership waiting on a new transfer case. Monday will be 3 weeks, and they estimate completion after the 1st!

Comment

Whoa!^^ Any story or ? With the 2018 F150.

Comment

As with most of the newer vehicles that have sensors now days, it's usually the sensor that goes bad.
                            Makes you wonder what's the point?

Comment

I was very skeptical when they first came out with this little diesel but I've heard nothing but good about them actually, sorry to hear about your electrical issues. Of the 4 major truck brands chevy would be 4th on my list right now, the other 3 are just making a better product now.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 12-23-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Whoa!^^ Any story or ? With the 2018 F150.
                                Search for my New Truck Blues post.

Comment

Working...
                                X