No announcement yet.

For Those That Want Hogs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen a post on THF that is stating the poison being tested killed almost 200 birds after they ate it. Saying a big set back for using it for now. NEVER will use it on my place for pigs.

Field testing of a new feral hog control method experienced a major setback recently after nearly 200 birds were found dead.
    Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-22-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Beaver jokes coming soon LOL

It's not very hard to understand. My dad owned a small ranch in Lometa since 1990. Started with zero hogs. Then they saw and trapped one or two around 1995. Then saw none for another 5 years. Then saw one or two. Then saw none ever again.

I've hunted near CBSP since 1990 and they have no more hogs now than they did back then. They don't have too many and never have.

Why does it take a college and State biologist study to figure out they are not taking over certain areas?

And if you disagree please enlighten me how much longer until hogs take over my ranch. If it doesn't happen in another 1,5,10 or 20 years..when would you start to listen? Apparently I along with all the State Park employees are either liars or blind. You can go talk to the Park guys. See how long they've worked there and see how many more hogs they have now versus 5,10,14, 20 years ago. You can then choose to not believe them either if you want. And they have over 5,000 acres barely hunted during deer season.

To answer your question I would suggest you hire a biologist and let him conduct studies on your property. It takes a biologist with actual true data to provide the state with reliable information. You can also go to the TPWD website and look up feral hogs and there is some legit information on them. Such as 1.5 million feral hogs in Texas and now the population is expanding into the north and west regions of the state.

Someone on the internet saying they believe a guy that runs a weedeater at a state park has much better scientific intel than a state biologist does not help with any credibility.

If you like, I can give you the contact information to a Texas State University
      biologist and you can provide him with your data from the weed eater guy.

Comment

To the OP, you know feral hogs did not tear up your yard as there aint enough of them in Texas to do such stuff. It was those aliens again. They come out of the sky with garden tillers and chew up your yard then they just fly away. They come out in my area once a week or so and light down, fire up their garden tillers, tear up some stuff and just fly away again.

Heck they were just here last week

Comment

Here we go again. No one says hogs aren't a real nuisance in some places. Those places need more control. Shooting, trapping, blowing up, poisoning, or napalm, I don't care, kill them all. In places where there aren't many, never have been many, maybe we don't call in the airstrikes. Is this that hard to understand?

Comment

A fence does wonders.....

Love having pigs on my place to hunt and eat year round! We plant food plots have hay fields and they don't tear much up.

Comment

River Rat loves his pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                To answer your question I would suggest you hire a biologist and let him conduct studies on your property. It takes a biologist with actual true data to provide the state with reliable information. You can also go to the TPWD website and look up feral hogs and there is some legit information on them. Such as 1.5 million feral hogs in Texas and now the population is expanding into the north and west regions of the state.

Someone on the internet saying they believe a guy that runs a weedeater at a state park has much better scientific intel than a state biologist does not help with any credibility.

If you like, I can give you the contact information to a Texas State University
                biologist and you can provide him with your data from the weed eater guy.
                The park rangers basically live in the park. Some have run deer hunts there for 25+ years. They clean up any time hogs root up in the park or campgrounds. Yes, I'd take their word for what they say for two reasons. One they have zero reason to be pro-hog. And two I freaking live next door to them and hunt year round... Maybe the hogs really are like aliens or maybe bigfoot and I just only see 2% of them. And they leave me alone (and the other ranches around me) so we will be pro-feral hog on the internet.

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                Here we go again. No one says hogs aren't a real nuisance in some places. Those places need more control. Shooting, trapping, blowing up, poisoning, or napalm, I don't care, kill them all. In places where there aren't many, never have been many, maybe we don't call in the airstrikes. Is this that hard to understand?
                Apparently yes..Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                  River Rat loves his pigs.
                  I do

Come on out sometime. Plenty of TBHers have been out to my place. They can tell you hogs don't do any damage. And we're strict on limits as to never run them off. And you wouldn't believe it but they haven't taken over and destroyed the ranch. And we feed them a ton also.

It's not complicated. It just depends on the area your at and how big the food supply is. I'm not harming anyone near me..If anything I pull over the few hogs they have.

Now when I hunted Hearne area I could see the problems they caused. And I saw the darn beaver problem in east Texas at Squigys place

Comment

Couple free running bulldogs and your problem is solved. Underground electric fence so they can leave your property.

Comment

Originally posted by radar View Post
                      to the op, you know feral hogs did not tear up your yard as there aint enough of them in texas to do such stuff. It was those aliens again. They come out of the sky with garden tillers and chew up your yard then they just fly away. They come out in my area once a week or so and light down, fire up their garden tillers, tear up some stuff and just fly away again.

Heck they were just here last week
                      lol

Comment

The park rangers basically live in the park. Some have run deer hunts there for 25+ years. They clean up any time hogs root up in the park or campgrounds. Yes, I'd take their word for what they say for two reasons. One they have zero reason to be pro-hog. And two I freaking live next door to them and hunt year round... Maybe the hogs really are like aliens or maybe bigfoot and I just only see 2% of them. And they leave me alone (and the other ranches around me) so we will be pro-feral hog on the internet.

Apparently yes..Yes it is
                        I am glad the two park rangers at CBSP can speak for the rest of the state. Hats off to them.

Meanwhile back in Wilson county, several UFOs were seen with garden tillers hanging from a rope beneath them. A quick call to some park rangers in CBSP confirmed it

Comment

To add insult to injury, they came back last night and made the right corner of the back fence area match the left side..... Bastages

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I am glad the two park rangers at CBSP can speak for the rest of the state. Hats off to them.

Meanwhile back in Wilson county, several UFOs were seen with garden tillers hanging from a rope beneath them. A quick call to some park rangers in CBSP confirmed it
                            I'm glad you can read. Did you ever make it to high school?

There are 10+ rangers at that park BTW. And I made it very clear every area of the State is different. So I assume you're just playing stupid at this point and are simple trolling.

Comment

I'm glad you can read. Did you ever make it to high school?

There are 10+ rangers at that park BTW. And I made it very clear every area of the State is different. So I assume you're just playing stupid at this point and are simple trolling.
                              I reckon you a much smarter fella than me and that last post of yours proves it. I am so glad you could point that out for me, and so glad that your research team is much more efficient than the state's.

One could see that you dont have any case for an argument now, except to tell me I am stupid.

Comment

That sucks, sometimes Im glad I dont have a nice yard! Im not too far from you, but dont have many here. But when they do show up they dont live long
                                I can see my feeder from the back door and watch keep an eye on it. Just a few days ago I noticed it looked like a pig had visited the feeder, sure enough the next night, there he was. Didnt stay long enough that day to get a shot, but the next night my oldest son put a 6.8 bullet in him. Gotta love NV! ( aka miket nv )

Comment

Working...
                                X