No announcement yet.

Lola Got Popped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucy has been bit at least 4 times. She's a trooper.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Poor pups. Glad she is doing great.

Comment

Glad she is ok

You have pretty toes

Comment

Dang, glad she is doing better.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            She looks awful happy for a snake bit doggie! Glad she's doin better.
            I was thinking the same thing...almost wondering if it was even a snake.

No idea how big the one the one that tagged Narco, but he wasn't anywhere near as happy & glad he made it. I lost Scout to a 7 footer & can only assume from the width of the fang range width that it was huge.

See pics:

Comment

Glad she is ok
              Hopefully she will avoid that in future

Comment

Ive seem that swelling from bees and wAsps before. Did you see fang marks in here face where she got bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing...almost wondering if it was even a snake.

No idea how big the one the one that tagged Narco, but he wasn't anywhere near as happy & glad he made it. I lost Scout to a 7 footer & can only assume from the width of the fang range width that it was huge.

See pics:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=487466

Little bit of a difference between a copperhead and a rattlesnake bite.

Comment

Dogs can't die from copperheads??

How do you know what hit the OP's dog??

Comment

My dad use to warm up old bacon grease or cooking grease and give it to his cow dogs when they were bitten and that worked.

Comment

My best little pal, Penny the chaweenie, got between me and a copperhead next to her food bowl one night. I didn’t see it and she confronted it head on. Got popped on the snout. The snake died from blunt force trauma from the doggie bowl. Lol.
                        It was a good size copperhead and shes only 15 lbs. benedryl fixed her right up after two days.

Glad to see your pup is doing better. They are alot tougher than we give them credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Dogs can't die from copperheads??

How do you know what hit the OP's dog??

Never said they couldnt??? And going by what the Ops vet diagnosed.
                          You don't agree there's a difference between a copperhead bite and a rattler bite?
                          Seems to be plenty of dogs on this thread that have been popped by a copperhead and survived so not going to question whether it was actually bitten or not.
                          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 05-21-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

In convinced that copperhead bites to dogs cause more trauma to the dogs owner than the actual dog!

Comment

Nice edit.

Good grief...lighten up!! You are way too serious.

My whole point was how happy his dog looked with the swelling & wanted to make a comparison. Please let me know your personal experience on the joy experiences between the two snakes since you know the actual differences of how a dog would feel.

I would look like my dog if I was bitten by a rattler, copperhead, black widow, stung by a wasp or anything with poison living inside it's body. I carry an epi pen every where I go. My whole point was how resilient the dog looked & quoted houston for you to follow (but a swing & a miss). I even stated how I doubted it was snake, but you are now the copperhead bite expert??

SMH!!!!

Comment

Was always told by the old timers that the best place for a dog to get snake bit was on the head. Body shots are usually worse.

Don’t know the full truth behind it, but their lab got tagged twice on the snout and did fine with some Benadryl.

Comment

Working...
                                X