No announcement yet.

I was robbed today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is symantics I know, but that’s not a robbery. More like a theft. Maybe a burglary but not a robbery.
    People take stuff off or curbs if it’s out too. Funny that some people ride around looking. You made that lady happy. Think of it as your good deed for the day. Lol.

Comment

You placed that wood on city owned land so she actually stole from the city since you gave it to the city by placing it there. I think. [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        This is symantics I know, but that’s not a robbery. More like a theft. Maybe a burglary but not a robbery.
        People take stuff off or curbs if it’s out too. Funny that some people ride around looking. You made that lady happy. Think of it as your good deed for the day. Lol.
        No sir, it’s not semantics....I used robbed because it made the thread more dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          Worse than "symantics" is people who post to threads without reading them...

See Bci2nd's post...

Comment

That old lady was just cleaning up your trash...curb is fair game I thought? I've put stuff out plenty and joked with my wife about how long it takes to disappear. Funny thing is we live on a one street neighborhood. We can watch and see which neighbor picks it up. When we're in a normal neighborhood stuff would be gone in less than an hour

Comment

"Semantically" speaking......we call that curbside lottery.. She just hit it.
              Last edited by Smart; 05-21-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Robbery is what this thread does to ones time. Never getting that two minutes back.

Curb = Free

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                  She didn’t seem nervous, but I’ve never ever seen an elderly woman move that quickly. Some of the logs were 12x18 and were not dry.
                  Elderly?😳

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                    Robbery is what this thread does to ones time. Never getting that two minutes back.

Curb = Free
                    Have you learned nothing from this thread....was your time taken by threat or force?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      "Semantically" speaking......we call that curbside lottery.. She just hit it.

I just hope she didn't think she was gonna surprise her husband with some smoker wood...
                      What's wrong with live oak? The whole hill country uses it to smoke with.

Comment

I live in the country with no curb. I put stuff out by the county road and it disappears quickly. I once put a rear bag Sears mower out by the road. The engine threw a rod. A gentleman came to the door and asked if I was discarding it. I said yes. He asked if he could have it. I told him yes. Guess in the country you ask first so as to not get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                          I live in the country with no curb. I put stuff out by the county road and it disappears quickly. I once put a rear bag Sears mower out by the road. The engine threw a rod. A gentleman came to the door and asked if I was discarding it. I said yes. He asked if he could have it. I told him yes. Guess in the country you ask first so as to not get shot.
                          There are 'metal ranchers' all over the city. Better than panhandlin' I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            What's wrong with live oak? The whole hill country uses it to smoke with.

Sorry Myron Mixon..... I read right past live oak and saw this below thinking he was comparing it to what he had..

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            may have been 30-40 bucks as their “pine” firewood is stupid expensive.
                            For the record I use LO as well..

Comment

you've misidentified the crime.....

I think you were molested.

Comment

Guess you need to start a GoFundMe to buy some new wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X