No announcement yet.

Drilling Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for a company that builds and sells the very rigs you guys are using. Over at B&E Resources over near Crosby at the Patterson Rig up Yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
      We don’t have anyone on her what works floors, motors and Derrick??

We all know derrick hands, motormen, and floorhands can't read, that's why they have ADs.

Comment

We don’t have anyone on her what works floors, motors and Derrick??

You won’t find too many of them here it’s hard work for most of TBHers

Keep at it some good opportunities come from the drilling side

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          You won’t find too many of them here it’s hard work for most of TBHers

Keep at it some good opportunities come from the drilling side

I get to go on my first rig next week that doesn’t have a ST80 and get to throw tongs with a spinner hawk lol Us new school have it made 🤣🤣

Comment

I get to go on my first rig next week that doesn’t have a ST80 and get to throw tongs with a spinner hawk lol Us new school have it made 🤣🤣

At least it’s still not a spinning chain haha. It’s good for guys to get some of the old rigs honestly. Makes you appreciate the new stuff and when you can work hard on the old stuff you shine on new rigs

Comment

TFMC service tech offshore

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                Who are you a Frac Consultant for?
                I'm an independent contractor. Working for SM Energy in WTX for two more weeks then headed South. Which is fine by me. Its almost time to see some velvet grow and its way closer to the lease in Old Mexico.

Comment

Anybody need a job as a flow back hand and torque and test?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    At least it’s still not a spinning chain haha. It’s good for guys to get some of the old rigs honestly. Makes you appreciate the new stuff and when you can work hard on the old stuff you shine on new rigs

We have a few kelly rigs out there. I am hoping to stay away from

Comment

Bilbo, Houtex, and Saw. Way back in the day. Floors, motors and derrick, Still have all my fingers and toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        Back in the 80's I worked for Gyrodata as a down hole well bore surveyor.

I worked on two different blowouts drilling relief wells. The Enchova blowout was off the coast of Brazil. Also spent time in Venezuela on the El Tejero blowout.

Ran jobs in Alaska, California, Michigan, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. Spent a few months working in the North Sea out of Aberdeen. Lots of working on offshore rigs, platforms, drill ships, etc.

They ran us surveyors hard. In 1989 I was gone from home for 289 days. Cost me a marriage. I drug up in 1990. Walked in the door one day and handed them my keys and credit card. Never looked back or regretted it.
                        Did you work with John Wright?

Comment

I make drill bits and drill bit accessories. started as a roller cone engineer for smith 20-ish years ago in east texas. fast forward 20 years later, and I have climbed my way into assistant lead shop hand. the future is bright.

Comment

Worked for Halliburton for almost 40 years, lived and worked all over the world, it was heck of a ride!! Very happily retired now

Comment

I sell bits to all the rigs in south texas. Not directly on the rig but around them every day

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                I make drill bits and drill bit accessories. started as a roller cone engineer for smith 20-ish years ago in east texas. fast forward 20 years later, and I have climbed my way into assistant lead shop hand. the future is bright.

LOL!

I sell the drill bits (and accessories) that Kyle designs.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X