Cowboy coffee pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I've heard old folks say things like that. I attribute it to senility. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a cool pot with little practice it should make good coffee. I bought a percolator instead for camp coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Nope. First ground that hits my tongue the coffee is drinking is done. That is the nastiest way to make coffee.
        Grande non fat caramel, chocolate, rasberry, chocolicious, latte, frapaciuno, mochadevanilla for you sir

Comment

Maxwell House original in the Mr. Coffee. Folgers is fine as well. I do like a little sweetener in it. Splenda if available. [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

People keep talking about the coffee coming out bitter,
            The most bitter/burnt tasting coffee is @ Starbucks! And some of these millineal coffee spots

Comment

"Some westerners find our coffee too strong for their tastes, Mr. Hopkins. What do you think?" Sheik Riyadh

"Back home we throw a horseshoe in and if it stands up, it's done!" Frank Hopkins, long distance rider in "Hidalgo"

Comment

Here's how we make ours at camp. Kent knows how to cook and make coffee.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7Si7cp2jM"]Cowboy Coffee: How to Make the Best Cup of Coffee - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sorry BK didn't see that you had already posted it. You have good taste in cowboy coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    3 Tablespoons of coffee per 8oz of water....and don't put it in BEFORE you boil it. Boil the water, take it off; as soon as it quits boiling, add the coffee, stir it and put it on low heat. Boiling it with the coffee in there can make it pretty bitter. That's why your coffee pot at home doesn't used boiling water.
                    That will be some strong coffee.... If my figuring is right, that would be 3.75 cups coffee to 5 quarts...

I would start with one cup coffee and start adjusting from there. On a side note, it is going to take a long time to boil 5 quarts, so brew a pot in the Mr. Coffee while waiting for the cowboy coffee to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      I always make the morning coffee @ camp , and one guy always is 1st to the mr coffee
                      And fills his big thermos up and bolts for his blind leaving the others with a empty pot or a rebrew! This should help solve that problem
                      Should be VERY easy to break him of that habit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        That will be some strong coffee.... If my figuring is right, that would be 3.75 cups coffee to 5 quarts...

I would start with one cup coffee and start adjusting from there. On a side note, it is going to take a long time to boil 5 quarts, so brew a pot in the Mr. Coffee while waiting for the cowboy coffee to get ready.
                        If coffee isn't strong, what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Should be VERY easy to break him of that habit.
                          A few squirts of Turbo-Lax in that thermos will do the trick. Hide the tp.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I didn't see the part in the video where you add the caramel or sprinkles? Did I miss something? What about the non-dairy, non-fat soy?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Yep 400 - 500 m/g of magnesium citrate should evacuate the bowls in short order

Comment

Working...
                                X