My son Clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
    I have been following this thread from the beginning. Clay seems like an amazing young man. It shows true that the good Lord has a big plan for him. I have been a coach for a long time, and he seems as good as it gets....Now I have to ask?? How high was the vault?:
    His PR is 13'6. He vaulted 13" last Friday to win the meet. He has done 14' in practice. He's working his butt off and trying to make 14'6" by the end of the year.

Hoggslayer

Comment

What an absolute honor it was to get to shake this young man's hand at Bownanza on Saturday!! Clay, you sir are an inspiration to so many! May the Lord continue to Bless you!

Comment

Thank you everyone, we still aren’t done yet there will be some more pr’s coming this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton_H View Post
          Thank you everyone, we still aren’t done yet there will be some more pr’s coming this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for throwing the ball around with my boy on Saturday it was a pleasure to chat with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking for a L/H bow for Clay. Although his arm is healed he lost about 3 degrees of range and that shortened his draw quite a bit. If he switches to L/H he will be back to his normal draw length and it will make it easier on him. He already shoots a rifle left handed and fishes left hand so it's not going to be that big of a deal.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Clay's polevault coach sent me this pic.
              When Clay started with this coach it was just him and 2 other kids in the whole program. Now they have 21 kids. They are one of the top polevault programs in the state. His coach has done a fine job.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Clay, you are a true inspiration to all, keep striving for excellence and always stay Santa Fe strong!

Comment

I certainly enjoyed meeting Clay at Bownanza. A fine young man! I'll be watching from afar his pole vaulting career.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Thank you for the update Jay & it's good to hear Clay is on the mend...I have no doubt you guys will get him the support he needs for the mental side of healing. That is a lot for him & his classmates to absorb. If he is up to getting down to the Valley after the brutal Summer headed our way & hunting season rolls around, I'll be glad to help put him on something.

Blessing & prayers for all you affected in Santa Fe...

Paul
                    <><
                    Your kindness is inspiring and from personal experience, you both would benefit if this happens. There is nothing more healing than sun light and the outdoors with time to reflect.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I certainly enjoyed meeting Clay at Bownanza. A fine young man! I'll be watching from afar his pole vaulting career.

Yep, he’s a good kid/man . Nice job Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sir, I don’t know you, and have never met you or your son, Clay. I’m pretty new to you all in this group, but I can tell you this: I’ve read each and every comment posted about this young man’s experience with evil; and I assure you, sir, (and I’m sure you already know) you have an Army of men and women surrounding and supporting you and your family! I’d surly love to share a campfire and shake both your hands one day. It’d be an honor. I have 24 and 15 year old boys, and pray every day they catch a glimpse of your Clay’s
                        greatfullness and zest for life. Thanks for sharing this Amazing journey with us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          Sir, I don’t know you, and have never met you or your son, Clay. I’m pretty new to you all in this group, but I can tell you this: I’ve read each and every comment posted about this young man’s experience with evil; and I assure you, sir, (and I’m sure you already know) you have an Army of men and women surrounding and supporting you and your family! I’d surly love to share a campfire and shake both your hands one day. It’d be an honor. I have 24 and 15 year old boys, and pray every day they catch a glimpse of your Clay’s
                          greatfullness and zest for life. Thanks for sharing this Amazing journey with us all!
                          Thanks. I hope that by reading some of this it will help other Dads prioritize the thing that really matter. When everything else fails you, God and family are there to lift you up.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Thanks. I hope that by reading some of this it will help other Dads prioritize the thing that really matter. When everything else fails you, God and family are there to lift you up.

Hoggslayer

I don't think anyone that has followed this thread can't say it hasn't hit home in one way or another as a parent. The human spirit is alive and well in your family.

Comment

great news

Comment

Well, Clay rode Bulls again today. He switched riding arms and did pretty good for a first time out in 9 months. I'm hoping this will be his last time but I'm sure it won't be. I'm proud of him just the same.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Working...
                                X