No announcement yet.

Outboard prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A jack foreman prop is on my to do list. Not gonna be a speed demon but will get up in a hurry.

Comment

Took the boat down to jacks , said I should use my prop for a boat anchor !! Talked about a new prop and it’s looking like I need to come up with 550$ for one of his . That hurts !!

Comment

Look for a used SS prop. What did he say was wrong with your prop? Glad you ordered a cavitation plate, it is a must with the tunnel. I have also found a four blade will hold better on some tunnels. Also some extra cup will help stop blowout.

Comment

Get a second opinion. Props make terrible anchors!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
            Look for a used SS prop. What did he say was wrong with your prop? Glad you ordered a cavitation plate, it is a must with the tunnel. I have also found a four blade will hold better on some tunnels. Also some extra cup will help stop blowout.
            He said it’s just totally wrong for the type of boat I have . There’s nothing he can do with mine to make it work according to him . Anyone know another good prop guy I can talk to ? Thanks

Comment

I have a buddy, same boat, same problem. He has tried props, plates, and everything he can think of. Plate made it turn sharper but still cavitates. Jack plate has to be 2.5 or lower to plane out. If you find a solution, he will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                Steve did sell out but Josh still has a pretty good reputation best I can tell. Still a lot of go fast guys sending props to him.
                Steve sold out?, I did not know that, thats sucks he did good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                  I have a buddy, same boat, same problem. He has tried props, plates, and everything he can think of. Plate made it turn sharper but still cavitates. Jack plate has to be 2.5 or lower to plane out. If you find a solution, he will be very happy.
                  Well that’s not good to hear !

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Steve sold out?, I did not know that, thats sucks he did good work.
                    Yeah, Steve owns and operates Hydrodynamics jackplates now.

Comment

I know brother, I think it has to do with the tunnel design on that length of boat, but I have good news, the prop guru himself, Chuck McKenny, just called and is going to come by my office in a minute. I will discuss with him.
                      Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                      Well that’s not good to hear !

Comment

No jack plate with a tunnel and you need some cup in your prop.

Disclaimer: I did not read all of the responses

Comment

Basically what Chuck just told me. He said buy a new prop and have a Flats Cup put on it. He also said within the year he will have a new prop out that will basically turn any lower unit into a TRP.
                          Originally posted by South 75 View Post
                          I'd try more cup. Most shops will do it while you wait...
                          Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                          That’s what I’m hoping to do instead of forking out the dough for a new prop

Comment

Basically what Chuck just told me. He said buy a new prop and have a Flats Cup put on it. He also said within the year he will have a new prop out that will basically turn any lower unit into a TRP.
                            Where and who can do a “flats Cup” ?

Comment

Mark at Marine Propeller in AP

Comment

Mark at Marine Propeller in AP
                                Just talked with him , just need to find time to get it down there .
                                Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X