Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Survey - 1st Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In think you should be able to find a tag for about half of your budget in a northern NM unit.
    I'm kind of in the hire a guide crowd for someone like yourself. Think of it as paying for an education. You can learn a great deal about scouting, judging, habitat during pressure, set-up and calling etc by paying to get that learning curve down.

It could take you a while to get all of that down on your own.

Comment

Montana non resident tag cost me $890. Oregon is still less I think. I can give you good area near the tiny town of Granite, Oregon. I’m sworn to secrecy about Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would go guided as well. There is a LOT of learning to do and I think going with a guide first could really make the learning curve less steep. And this is coming from a guy that has only done DIY elk hunting from the beginning.

Comment

The first and only time I went elk hunting we did not have a paid guide. However, my Dad and I went with several individuals that hunted a particular section in Utah for many years. I chased elk every day. It was a blast. I was in my mid 20’s at the time. Would love to go back again but have not found the time to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X