No announcement yet.

Reports of Shots Fired at Santa Fe High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for Clay and the others who are hurting. I just can't imagine.... God, help us turn to You.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Prayers for Hoggslayer and his family.
      Sent! Glad it isnt worse and he is alive!

Comment

anyone hear from SwampRanger? Im sure he's there. A word for him wouldnt help

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          Please tell me you don't believe this. Done nothing in the last 19 years? I'm as hurt and frustrated as anyone but...

I absolutely believe because it’s true
          My wife is a 20yr teacher, has worked on 3 different high school campuses in the last 15 years and nothing has changed and she will tell you that too.
          Giving every teacher a bucket of rocks isn’t “doing something”
          Technology, hardening the schools, more armed personnel, mandatory metal detectors, etc etc
          It hasn’t been done and that’s a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers for Hoggslayer and his son Clay!!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                My wife is a 20yr teacher, has worked on 3 different high school campuses in the last 15 years and nothing has changed and she will tell you that too.
                Technology, hardening the schools, more armed personnel, mandatory metal detectors, etc etc

Things have been done....they just aren't effective. Cowering in a corner, waited on a good guy to show up after 911 is called, while the gunman strolls thru the halls ( un-challenged ) doesn't really seem effective right now.

Comment

Lord God in Heaven, hear our prayer. We indeed seek Your face, and we seek Your guidance through the terrible state that we find ourselves in these days. We ask you to soften the hearts of the hardened and evil-doers, and soften the hearts that would be Your servants. We know that all of us were created in Your image and we know that Satan never stops in his efforts to take us from You. We ask You Lord to join our hearts and minds and give us wisdom in the right Way to go. Lord we ask You, please do not remove Your blessing from us and our country. Show us Your Ways, and teach us again right from wrong and put it in our hearts. We are Your people, and You are our God. Heal our Land oh Lord.
                  Lord, lay Your healing hand on this young man Clay. Heal him and restore him to his family and friends. Give him strength to endure until he is fully restored. Heal his wounds. Heal him physically, mentally and spiritually and give him comfort in knowing that You Lord are his Protection and his Strength. Lord comfort his family and give them the strength and patience to minister to Clay as he recovers from his wounds. Lord, for those other students, faculty and police officers who were injured, please watch over them and heal their wounds inside and out. For those who were lost, Lord receive them unto Yourself that they may have eternal rest and peace. Comfort those families and strengthen the community as it gathers round those who have had loss. Strengthen them and hold them up and see them through this tragedy. As we move forward through the coming days, make them ever-mindful of Your presence and show them Your Agape Love with comfort, hope and peace as this community heals. Lord, I pray for the offenders in this horrible tragedy. I pray that they come to understand what they have done and turn from Satan and his evil. I pray that they too be healed. Lord the families of those who did this will need help too. I pray they receive it and are able to walk through this and be restored as well. It's hard Lord for me to not ask for revenge, but Lord we know clearly that vengeance is Yours and if You render it, it will be just. Your will in that Lord, I pray will be done.

Lord, for all those first responders and public servants, especially our friend Bobby Cana, I pray you watch over them and keep them all safe as they serve us and You. Give them strength and wisdom to move carefully to good outcomes in preventing further harm and tragedy, and to help them to determine the totality of the whole events and its perpetrators and bring them to justice within Your will. Watch over Bobby as he serves and comfort Dena. Thank You Lord for keeping Hunter safe and bringing her out whole. Heal her mentally and spiritually that she may be a source of strength for her friends and a source of pride for her parents.

Lord God, for those who are looking on and watching all this unfold, I pray that somehow they see You and what You are capable of in this tragedy. I pray for Your light on them as well that they come to know the Hope that is in us who know You.

Lord, guide us and direct us. Make us good stewards of all you bless us with, and help us to step out boldly with Your plan to end this in the name of Your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Can we all be united in this plea??

Comment

^^^^

Amen sir!

Comment

I'll save this conversation for later, but the ISD my children attend are very proactive as I'm sure a lot of other ISD are.
                      Continued thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families, I still haven't brought myself to send out text messages to the families I know.
                      Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Comment

Thanks Saltwaterslick. Exactly.

Comment

I cant imagine what those people in that community are going through today. As a parent and an educator, I really dont know what is the solution to this problem. I pray for all those who were affected by this tragedy.

Comment

Prayers for all those involved.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Lord God in Heaven, hear our prayer. We indeed seek Your face, and we seek Your guidance through the terrible state that we find ourselves in these days. We ask you to soften the hearts of the hardened and evil-doers, and soften the hearts that would be Your servants. We know that all of us were created in Your image and we know that Satan never stops in his efforts to take us from You. We ask You Lord to join our hearts and minds and give us wisdom in the right Way to go. Lord we ask You, please do not remove Your blessing from us and our country. Show us Your Ways, and teach us again right from wrong and put it in our hearts. We are Your people, and You are our God. Heal our Land oh Lord.
                              Lord, lay Your healing hand on this young man Clay. Heal him and restore him to his family and friends. Give him strength to endure until he is fully restored. Heal his wounds. Heal him physically, mentally and spiritually and give him comfort in knowing that You Lord are his Protection and his Strength. Lord comfort his family and give them the strength and patience to minister to Clay as he recovers from his wounds. Lord, for those other students, faculty and police officers who were injured, please watch over them and heal their wounds inside and out. For those who were lost, Lord receive them unto Yourself that they may have eternal rest and peace. Comfort those families and strengthen the community as it gathers round those who have had loss. Strengthen them and hold them up and see them through this tragedy. As we move forward through the coming days, make them ever-mindful of Your presence and show them Your Agape Love with comfort, hope and peace as this community heals. Lord, I pray for the offenders in this horrible tragedy. I pray that they come to understand what they have done and turn from Satan and his evil. I pray that they too be healed. Lord the families of those who did this will need help too. I pray they receive it and are able to walk through this and be restored as well. It's hard Lord for me to not ask for revenge, but Lord we know clearly that vengeance is Yours and if You render it, it will be just. Your will in that Lord, I pray will be done.

Lord, for all those first responders and public servants, especially our friend Bobby Cana, I pray you watch over them and keep them all safe as they serve us and You. Give them strength and wisdom to move carefully to good outcomes in preventing further harm and tragedy, and to help them to determine the totality of the whole events and its perpetrators and bring them to justice within Your will. Watch over Bobby as he serves and comfort Dena. Thank You Lord for keeping Hunter safe and bringing her out whole. Heal her mentally and spiritually that she may be a source of strength for her friends and a source of pride for her parents.

Lord God, for those who are looking on and watching all this unfold, I pray that somehow they see You and what You are capable of in this tragedy. I pray for Your light on them as well that they come to know the Hope that is in us who know You.

Lord, guide us and direct us. Make us good stewards of all you bless us with, and help us to step out boldly with Your plan to end this in the name of Your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Can we all be united in this plea??
                              You Sir are a saint and your prayer just gave me chills. I feel the sprit of God. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Man, this has now officially hit more than close to home. It has hit home!! I am so sorry to hear about Hoggslayer's son Clay!
                                I also got a text from Bobby Cana. He specifically asked for prayer for the kids and their families who were killed and injured...
                                Been a while since I had that "knot in my gut" but I sure have it today! I have to be honest, I don't know what to do or what specifically any of us should do. I don't think gettin' rid of guns is the answer, and I don't think we can go locking up people because we "think" they "might" be up to no good... Sometimes that helpless feeling can be pretty depressing frankly... All I really know is to pray and ask God for wisdom, mercy, and vision on a way out of all this for us.

And "BoB", your posts have given me insight too as to your background and your thoughts on things. Thank you for that... Sometimes we grown-ups having the best intentions do terrible damage to our young ones at a very early age that changes them for life. Or at least it has the potential to be life-long. I sir will include you in my prayer life.
                                Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X