Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunting amongst Wind Turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    That’s a very generic blanket response. Each area is different

As an investment landowner, wind turbines have driven up price of land almost double in my area. Wind turbines pay what the contract states. So far I haven’t found anything in our area that in the last 40 years that has the same per acre payout that’s panned out. Only thing I’ve would of beat it was 1200 acre solar lease, but they pulled out after Trump won.
    Glad you have a set price on your agreement. Many people sign agreements based off a percentage of electricity produced and sold. Those historically underperform proformas.
    I have not seen turbines drive up the price of land, but admit I do not work the West Texas market that much. I can say in the hill country extended, prices have dropped dramatically around turbines.
    I agree that the solar deals are the way to go if you can get them.

Comment

Doesn't bother the deer on our place either. But like said above, not sure you will be able to hunt during the construction phase.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
        Glad you have a set price on your agreement. Many people sign agreements based off a percentage of electricity produced and sold. Those historically underperform proformas.
        I have not seen turbines drive up the price of land, but admit I do not work the West Texas market that much. I can say in the hill country extended, prices have dropped dramatically around turbines.
        I agree that the solar deals are the way to go if you can get them.
        Solar is a double edge sword. You loose multi land usaged, but it pays more and the homesteaders don’t complain.

End of the day I view it as another diversification tool to help persevere working ranches.

Comment

Our animals got used to them really quickly. The additional road traffic seems to keep the animals used to folks being around. The biggest and oldest animals find the niches away from traffic, but don’t seem to mind the turbines at all.

Comment

Working...
          X