Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Human Trafficking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Tell us your story if you can. It may be educational.

Because of our international travel we have been getting training in this.

Wife an I planned a 9 day vacation in Montego Bay Jamaica. The night of the 4th day there is was given "The Special" our waiter said to drink with dinner. After dinner she said I barley made it back to the door of our beach front villa. I apparently face planted on the bed fully clothed an was out. At 230 in the morning I had a seizure in bed an my wife who is an ICU nurse new exactly what it was an kept me in bed. I have never had a seizure in my life (41 yo). At 330 I got out of the bed and walked towards the entrance of our bedroom an she shined her phone light on me an asked where I was going. I told her someone or something is trying g to get in our front door. As I turned to continue walking the door opens and 3 men entered an the fighting commenced. After all was said and done they did not achieve their goal of taking her however I had to be care-flighted out to Broward health north medical center where I stayed in a coma for 5 days. I had an active brain bleed d/t head trauma, broken orbital bone, spine FX, broken right wrist etc. That's the short version an I really don't talk about it but felt inclined to share with you. Stay safe and vigilant everywhere my friend.
    Have a blessed day,
    Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyankat View Post
      Wife an I planned a 9 day vacation in Montego Bay Jamaica. The night of the 4th day there is was given "The Special" our waiter said to drink with dinner. After dinner she said I barley made it back to the door of our beach front villa. I apparently face planted on the bed fully clothed an was out. At 230 in the morning I had a seizure in bed an my wife who is an ICU nurse new exactly what it was an kept me in bed. I have never had a seizure in my life (41 yo). At 330 I got out of the bed and walked towards the entrance of our bedroom an she shined her phone light on me an asked where I was going. I told her someone or something is trying g to get in our front door. As I turned to continue walking the door opens and 3 men entered an the fighting commenced. After all was said and done they did not achieve their goal of taking her however I had to be care-flighted out to Broward health north medical center where I stayed in a coma for 5 days. I had an active brain bleed d/t head trauma, broken orbital bone, spine FX, broken right wrist etc. That's the short version an I really don't talk about it but felt inclined to share with you. Stay safe and vigilant everywhere my friend.
      Have a blessed day,
      Tommy

Wow, holy molly. Glad they didn’t achieve there goal. Definitely something to think about when traveling

Comment

Check out the movie on Amazon. Don't worry about the 2 star rating. The move is Acts of Violence. It is about human trafficking.

HUGE influx of human trafficking throughout our State. We have busted some large pimps from the Lubbock to Houston, to San Antonio to Odessa area. Large stash houses in the Houston, Dallas and San Antonio area with a bunch of illegal women forced into prostitution.

In our area it is runaways and girls hooked on dope. It's real and it's even sadder.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
          Wow, holy molly. Glad they didn’t achieve there goal. Definitely something to think about when traveling
          Yes sir was a tragic event especially for my wife!!

Comment

Number one problem in America is drugs. Number two - human trafficking.
            This is from 6 years ago and the problem has only gotten worse

Update: In 2012 the (UNODC) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime reports the percentage of child victims had risen in a 3 year span from 20 per cent to 27 per cent. Of every three child victims, two are girls and one is a boy.

Gender and age profile of victims detected globally: 59% Women - 14% Men - 17% Girls and 10% were Boys.

600,000 to 800,000 women, children and men bought and sold across international borders every year and exploited for forced labor or commercial sex (U.S. Government)
            When internal trafficking victims are added to the estimates, the number of victims annually is in the range of 2 to 4 million
            50% of those victims are estimated to be children
            It is estimated that 76 percent of transactions for sex with underage girls start on the Internet
            2 million children are subjected to prostitution in the global commercial sex trade (UNICEF)
            There are 20.9 Million victims of Trafficking World wide as of 2012
            1.5 Million victims in the United States

Comment

Jet Blue airlines recently had training sessions to help employees identify traffickers and /or victims

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyankat View Post
                Have a blessed day,
                Tommy

WOW!
                That's some scary stuff right there. Glad y'all made it trough it.

Comment

It scares me. I understand the movie series "Taken" does a good job covering the wide spectrum of trafficking.

Comment

Working...
                  X