Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to identify yourself anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Nope. They get 4 hours at time and a half if they are subpoenaed to testify. They work STEP shifts as well.

They work nights. Majority of the arrests result in the defense requesting hearings. These hearings occur during day time hours. Therefore they get paid at overtime rate at time and 1/2 x 4 hours.

I’ll give you his name and you are welcome to make a public information request to verify this is truth.
    Don't want a name, but what agency and how many hours a week is he averaging? I'm guessing that's not 40 hours a week.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      Really? Hmmmmmmmmmm so if you get pulled over for speeding. The officer asks for ID I can tell them to Eff off? I am not under arrest right? All I done was commit the offense of speeding. A class C misdemeanor. It isn't an arrest-able offense in Texas.

So I can just ride off into the wind and officer can have a nice day, right? I was detained I guess when you hit your red and blues, but you can't or didn't arrest me so so long sucka

Speeding is an arrest-able offense. Refuse to sign the ticket and see where you end up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just tell the officer: My name - is TATER SALAD.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
          Speeding is an arrest-able offense. Refuse to sign the ticket and see where you end up...

And that is exactly why I did NOT put that in the above. I am cooperating to the hilt on the stop, just not gonna show you my ID. Sign your ticket no problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
            Austin, Texas

You should apply.
            Website shows TOP PAY for officers of 95,270 obtained 16 years after graduation from academy.

Your buddy is working LOTS of overtime to clear what you posted.

Comment

[quote=flyby;13375826]Don't want a name, but what agency and how many hours a week is he averaging? I'm guessing that's not 40 hours a week.

Austin Police Department. Don’t know how many hours actually worked per week. Overtime clouds the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                That's called profiling.
                Just to be clear, profiling is part of police work and perfectly legal. Racial profiling is not.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post

Not in Texas. It is a criminal offense, but not arrestable offense. Only other non-arrestable offense is open container.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    Another question that should never be answered is where are you going and where have you been. It is getting closer and closer to a police state..............
                    Yes sir. Answer nothing, other than your name and birthday.
                    1 question leads to another, etc...
                    Cops are public servants, in essence they work for you, yet their main tactics, are bullying, lieing, coercion, in an attempt to arrest you for something.
                    Anymore, you can take me downtown, before I'll say anything to em. I have 0 criminal history, yet I've found myself in the Dallas jail on 4 seperate occasion, for a warrant that mysteriously dissapeared, as soon as they got me booked in . I could go on all night with stories, and other jails.
                    Have hair that's a little long, you're getting profiled, marked, and accused, before you ever make contact. Fact. It's absolutely ridiculous, the powertrip cops get on.
                    Have just a single key in the ignition, on I-20, then my car is absolutely a drop vehicle packed with dope. Please sit here sir, in this 100° heat for the next 3 hrs, while we dismantle your car, to find absolutely nothing!! You can go now sir, good luck putting your vehicle back together, and we could care less that the door panels we ripped off will never fit back right.
                    Hot ****, that sh$$ makes my blood boil!!!!

Comment

Life choices are never about what it is legal to do. They are about doing the right thing. If showing my ID makes it a bit easier for someone that puts his/her life on the line to protect my safety everyday, the right thing to do is give it up. It is a no brainer...

This is way simpler than it is being made out to be...

Comment

police dont have a right to have you identify yourself unless detained, they are supposed to fear us and to be our public servants not the other way around, some of you who are cop lovers are the same who would defend the redcoats

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Cops are public servants, in essence they work for you, yet their main tactics, are bullying, lieing, coercion, in an attempt to arrest you for something.
                          Anymore, you can take me downtown, before I'll say anything to em. I have 0 criminal history, yet I've found myself in the Dallas jail on 4 seperate occasion, for a warrant that mysteriously dissapeared, as soon as they got me booked in . I could go on all night with stories, and other jails.
                          Have hair that's a little long, you're getting profiled, marked, and accused, before you ever make contact. Fact. It's absolutely ridiculous, the powertrip cops get on.
                          Have just a single key in the ignition, on I-20, then my car is absolutely a drop vehicle packed with dope. Please sit here sir, in this 100° heat for the next 3 hrs, while we dismantle your car, to find absolutely nothing!! You can go now sir, good luck putting your vehicle back together, and we could care less that the door panels we ripped off will never fit back right.
                          I agree 110 percent with you **** shame it took 4 trips to the Dallas County Jail to get them straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by mbfranklin View Post
                            Life choices are never about what it is legal to do. They are about doing the right thing. If showing my ID makes it a bit easier for someone that puts his/her life on the line to protect my safety everyday, the right thing to do is give it up. It is a no brainer...

This is way simpler than it is being made out to be...
                            Amen!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
                              police dont have a right to have you identify yourself unless detained, they are supposed to fear us and to be our public servants not the other way around, some of you who are cop lovers are the same who would defend the redcoats
                              They should never have to fear us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Best post I have ever read on TBH

Comment

Working...
                                X