• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires & wheels

NOTE:
    I am not picking on anyone.
    I am not trying to start anything.
    I'm just trying to wrap my head around this because I'm cheap, thrifty, too old or just not cool.
    A person buys a brand new kazillion dollar PU. Then the next day that person turns around and spends a kazillion dollars on new wheels & tires.
    I can completely understand if the new tires & wheels are needed for some special reason.
    I've been checking TBH classified for a deal on some new/newer 17" tires for my PU before I go buy some retail. This is how I came up with my query.
    Semper fi.
    God bless!
    Last edited by texaspacker; 05-15-2018, 10:47 AM.

I like spicy ketchup on my fries.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      I like spicy ketchup on my fries.
      That's racist.

Comment

It's all about the "Roll" nowadays. Gotta Bling or ya gotta go!
        Makes for some good deals on tires. Been looking myself but just broke down and bought some new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          That's racist.
          If that's how they choose to Identify then let it be

Comment

There are places near Houston that resell the new factory take offs people are always getting rid of. A coworker of mine always runs them. They are a heck of a bargain.

Comment

I personally got past spending $$ on tires and wheels early on...probably around 20 years old. But, if someone wants too, I don't care. Some I like, most I don't, but I ain't buying 'em and i ain't driving 'em.

Most of the time I just laugh and shake my head.

Comment

Vehicles are sometimes a huge part of personal expression and have the ability to be customized in so many ways. Just like a home. But.. how many people like the thought of a cookie cutter home? Especially young men who are ready to get out there create their own piece of the world. Financially smart... not at all!

Comment

Maybe a kazillion dollars is chump change to them and they want to keep the economy going.

Comment

It's because normally when you buy that new high dollar 4x4 it comes with some cheap all seasons or some lower end all terrains that you can bet won't last very long.

Comment

Austin?

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      There are places near Houston that resell the new factory take offs people are always getting rid of. A coworker of mine always runs them. They are a heck of a bargain.
                      Thanks Lungbustr.
                      Anyone know of a place in the Austin or Abilene areas that does this?
                      I couldn't afford to be cool when I was young. Now I don't care if I'm cool or not.
                      I'm still in the market for some 17" PU tires for my 2005 GMC.

Comment

What I thinks funny is all of these rusted out junkers worth about 2,000.00 and they have 5,000.00 in tires, wheels, and boom box.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          What I thinks funny is all of these rusted out junkers worth about 2,000.00 and they have 5,000.00 in tires, wheels, and boom box.
                          Rented wheels and tires..... that's where it is at.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            Vehicles are sometimes a huge part of personal expression and have the ability to be customized in so many ways. Just like a home. But.. how many people like the thought of a cookie cutter home? Especially young men who are ready to get out there create their own piece of the world. Financially smart... not at all!
                            To each his own. I sure dont run my finances that way, but I ain't mad at the folks who do. It keep the US economy rolling with their needless and bad decision making based spending.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              It's because normally when you buy that new high dollar 4x4 it comes with some cheap all seasons or some lower end all terrains that you can bet won't last very long.
                              99.99% of the 4x4 I see driving around look like they've never been off a paved road.
                              Never mind ya'll I'm just a grumpy old man. I get it but then again I don't.
                              RENT? wheels & tires????? That's even dumber than buying them.

I'm looking for some 12x50 spinners to go on my Yugo.
                              Last edited by texaspacker; 05-15-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X