No announcement yet.

What do you hunt out of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have ladders and pop ups, my favorite is my elevated pop up. i bought a hay ring off craiglist for $100 and bolted some 5'8" plywood on top of it, now my pop up is almost 5ft off the ground, it works great where i am.

Comment

Ladder stand

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        i have ladders and pop ups, my favorite is my elevated pop up. i bought a hay ring off craiglist for $100 and bolted some 5'8" plywood on top of it, now my pop up is almost 5ft off the ground, it works great where i am.
        You got a pic of that elevated pop up?

Comment

any concealment.....................on the ground. I do not climb or go off the earth, period

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            All those using Krivoman how easy are they to move without a tractor?
            Two people can easily pick one up and put it in the back of a pickup.

Comment

Bow= Krivoman or popup. Gun=Ranch king

Comment

I like brush blinds for bow hunting. With a rifle I hunt tripods, box blinds, and sometimes spot and stalk or just sitting on the ground next to a tree

Comment

Have 2 tripods (really quads as they have 4 legs), that have 3 x 3 platforms and swivel seats. These were homemade by a gentleman at a feed store. Paid like $300 for each and they have been solid. I really like getting off the ground a bit, combined with having great stability, comfort and plenty of room for a pack, etc.

I used to have a couple two-man ladder stands, but sometimes it's tough finding a good tree in the right spot. I prefer ladder stands over lock-ons; just easier to climb in and out and a bit safer imo. Plenty of room hunting solo in a 2 man ladder stand as well.

We do hunt out of a couple pop-ups also. I don't like being on the ground, but the versatility of pop-ups keeps at least one in the arsenal each year.

With that said, for a late season rifle hunt, corning a road and sitting in the Ranger is tough to beat.

Comment

You got a pic of that elevated pop up?
                    Best I have on my phone. If I remember right the plywood is right at like 4'10" or something. I found a guy that makes hay rings and he made me one 5ft tall, I'm gonna get it out this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Best I have on my phone. If I remember right the plywood is right at like 4'10" or something. I found a guy that makes hay rings and he made me one 5ft tall, I'm gonna get it out this year.
                      Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                      Ideas
                      Ideas
                      Ideas....

Thanks for the pic!

Comment

Pop ups mainly awesome way to hunt except for the first few weeks of bow season a little warm but can wear shorts and a T- shirt with a fan and a ozonics!

Comment

Ideas
                          Ideas
                          Ideas....

Thanks for the pic!
                          I bought one of the soft sided redneck blinds and have been impressed with it so far. The frame is very sturdy and the canvas is thick. It is what is will be putting on my other hay ring this summer.

Our durable soft-sided ground blinds offer expansive vertical and horizontal windows for maximum visibility and shooting range. Shop now.

Comment

My popup

Looks like the edge of a well location.
                            Lock on for me or a climber.

Comment

Bow hunting from either my pop up on a platform or tripod depending on wind.

Gun hunt out of a two man Dillon ground blind.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Looks like the edge of a well location.
                                Lock on for me or a climber.
                                Smart man.
                                The pipeline is my sendero.
                                They use it as a toll road.
                                But none of them have EZ Tag so it's time to collect

Comment

Working...
                                X