No announcement yet.

Another House Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest pic I have is pretty dark sorry. Getting ready to start paint and our stone showed up as well. Plumbers and electricians about finished up on the inside now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finished exterior paint, got all the cedar post up, and alot of the brick done. Should finish brick and stone by tomorrow. Next week plan is HVAC, Spray Foam, and Shingle the roof.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's turning out nice!

Comment

Like the brick

hopefully getting ours started this month!!

Comment

Moving right along!

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            Like the brick

hopefully getting ours started this month!!
            Me too, it looks similar to what we used on our last house. Think the color was Sedona(sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
              I wonder why your guy doesn't like pocket doors? I have 5 pocket doors to make and install in my barndo build. It's going to be lot more work over a conventional door but that what the wife wanted. Mine will not be the cheap big box versions but made with higher end hardware with plywood sides.
              Some pocket doors can't be used because of plumbing and electrical conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                Moving right along!

Me too, it looks similar to what we used on our last house. Think the color was Sedona(sp?)
                I don’t know the name to be honest. We just took a pic of a house we like and gave it to them.

Comment

Your home is coming right along, though it's probably not fast enough for you and the Mrs. I just had the HVAC done in mine, if you want to see a mess just go in there when they are working.

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                  Some pocket doors can't be used because of plumbing and electrical conflicts.
                  Yes you will lose what ever the width of the door you are using but with planning, plumbing and electrical issues are easily overcome.
                  My great grandmothers home was built in 1928 with many pocket doors in it and still work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Your home is coming right along, though it's probably not fast enough for you and the Mrs. I just had the HVAC done in mine, if you want to see a mess just go in there when they are working.

Yes you will lose what ever the width of the door you are using but with planning, plumbing and electrical issues are easily overcome.
                    My great grandmothers home was built in 1928 with many pocket doors in it and still work fine.
                    We are currently living with a friend so the faster the better!

Comment

Man, we are finally scheduled to pour our slab on Tuesday. You are flying sir! Your build is looking great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                        Man, we are finally scheduled to pour our slab on Tuesday. You are flying sir! Your build is looking great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        Awesome! Thank you, we have stone and brick finished now. Should have the shingles up and post stained today I think. Ill post pic if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                          Finished exterior paint, got all the cedar post up, and alot of the brick done. Should finish brick and stone by tomorrow. Next week plan is HVAC, Spray Foam, and Shingle the roof.
                          NICE! Looking good man! You are way ahead of me but I just got a 28k check for the roof and some other stuff so we should have a roof on it sometime within the next week or two

Comment

Looking awesome!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              Looking awesome!!!!!!!
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                                Thanks!

Beautiful, what’s the floor plan? Sq ft ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X