Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Another House Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IN...Great looking piece of land

Comment

Looking good, wish I had dirt like that where we are building.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        IN...Great looking piece of land
        Thanks!

Comment

I would run the video wiring for some security cameras even if you don't want to buy a system right now. Think of a place where you would put the video recorder and it needs to be near the Internet router or wire an Ethernet cable to where you would house your system at you can add later. Running the wires now versus later would be a huge advantage. You probably only need 8 cameras at most. The wiring now should be pretty cheap.

Comment

I swung through yesterday and they were digging the trenches. I believe they are laying plastic and cables today and pouring the concrete tomorrow. I will also post the floor plan and elevations for anyone following along.
            Attached Files

Comment

Got the slab done yesterday. Will do shop slab and start framing next week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. We are about a week behind you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice design effort with the efficiency approach and maintaining appeal.

May consider: pocket door at master commode or reverse swing, counter depth refrigerator will help avoid issues between it and the island, add more cabs right of the d/w, ext utility door takes up a lot of usable space in there (if door not needed), maybe too late but master closet is smaller than utility, perhaps your lifestyle uses more dressers and such.

Nice start. Great looking land! Good weather too. Should complete before Sept right?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                    Nice design effort with the efficiency approach and maintaining appeal.

May consider: pocket door at master commode or reverse swing, counter depth refrigerator will help avoid issues between it and the island, add more cabs right of the d/w, ext utility door takes up a lot of usable space in there (if door not needed), maybe too late but master closet is smaller than utility, perhaps your lifestyle uses more dressers and such.

Nice start. Great looking land! Good weather too. Should complete before Sept right?
                    We have talked about the pocket door on master commode, but wasn’t sure if they held up for long? Planning to try and find counter depth fridge that the wife likes! Will talk to contractor about the extra cabs beside d/w!

Hoping to be finished in August!

I should also add the we have actually rearranged the utility room now. The standup freezer will be in the shop and we added a built in bench/coat rack/shoe type area
                    Last edited by Justin Spies; 06-10-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

My little brother wanted to practice with his new drone at our place.

The rain held off work this week. The plan is to hit the ground running with framing on Monday.
                      Attached Files

Comment

We're remodeling new to us home now and my go-to carpenter said no pocket door but recommended sliding barn door to new master bath. Hardware only about $100. Should be a cool look.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          We're remodeling new to us home now and my go-to carpenter said no pocket door but recommended sliding barn door to new master bath. Hardware only about $100. Should be a cool look.

We are putting barn door to our master bath as well. Don't think it would go well where commode room is.

Comment

Something I just thought of that I didn't do but will next time. Take pictures right before Sheetrock. If you ever to need to know which way a wire is running to or from a box it will be easy to go back and reference. Count all your outlets and switch boxes then make sure the sheetrock crew cuts em all out. They missed 3 on us, one was obvious but two we didn't realize until we had no where to plug in the dishwasher and a plug that wouldn't work because one between it and the breaker was covered and never tied in.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              Something I just thought of that I didn't do but will next time. Take pictures right before Sheetrock. If you ever to need to know which way a wire is running to or from a box it will be easy to go back and reference. Count all your outlets and switch boxes then make sure the sheetrock crew cuts em all out. They missed 3 on us, one was obvious but two we didn't realize until we had no where to plug in the dishwasher and a plug that wouldn't work because one between it and the breaker was covered and never tied in.
                              I wouldnt have thought of this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post

I wonder why your guy doesn't like pocket doors? I have 5 pocket doors to make and install in my barndo build. It's going to be lot more work over a conventional door but that what the wife wanted. Mine will not be the cheap big box versions but made with higher end hardware with plywood sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X