Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    Went up to my place on Sunday this past weekend and hunted for the whole day. Didn't see a thing. It was super windy, but it felt good to finally be in the blind on my own place. Had a few new pics of the big 9, but that was it. Feeder had a wiring problem and wasn't throwing. I got it fixed up and crossing my fingers it continues to throw until I make it back up. Refreshed some scrapes while I was there as well since the bucks had been hitting them at night. Hoping to make it back up this weekend or the next.
    Good luck

Nothing like getting out there and finding the feeder or camera didn't work

Comment

Any luck with the trespassers?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        Good luck

Nothing like getting out there and finding the feeder or camera didn't work

I also had a camera I had setup on a hand corn spot that I left in the setup mode and didn’t actually turn it on as well. That hand corn got torn up by the deer too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Any luck with the trespassers?

I talked with the game warden and sent him pics. Basically we can’t do anything about it unless we can identify him or catch him in the act. I haven’t seen him on cam since. I also sent my neighbors pics and they’re keeping an eye out more now around my place.

Comment

Just caught up, congrats to you, looks like a great property!

Comment

Congrats to you. Have any 2018 year end updates for us? what projects for 2019?

Comment

Good morning, guys! It's been a while since I have posted anything. I went out to the ranch a couple of times in December trying to get on 'em, but ran into feeder issues and didn't have anything patterned. I went out to the ranch to pull down the popup, take down most of the cameras, and do a little work. I got the feeder back up and running, and plan to add another on the south side of the rail road tracks. Checked a camera that I had down by the creek where I expect most of the deer are bedding and was pleasantly surprised by how many deer were coming through there. Had 2 different shooter bucks come through on that cam that I have never seen. I cleaned up one area for a new food plot and I'm excited to see what has made it through the season. I do have 1 big boar wrecking havoc on the power line, rooting, and tearing things up. Need to get him taken out. I'll post some pictures here shortly.

Comment

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Here’s two different bucks that I haven’t seen all season. Had a camera setup from mid December until now down on the backside of a bedding area along a creek.

This one looks young, but he may just be worn down.

This one has some good mass to him and hopefully comes back around next season.

Young up and comer. We will see what he turns into this next year. I have at least 2 others just like him.

Got quite a few pics of bobcats in the last month or so as well.

Lone boar that he tore up the power line area.

Cleared out another area to get prepared for a food plot this fall.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Looking good, Brandon. You are still learning about the new place and there is much to come!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Coming along very nicely Brandon. Your hard work shows and will pay off!!

Comment

Thanks, guys! Yes, there is so much to learn. I'm ready to get some plots put in and making the deer feel comfortable on my place. I think I had 7-10 different bucks that came through my place throughout the season and probably 5-7 does. I feel like if I feed them and don't put too much pressure on them that I'll have a lot of deer during the season. From what I know of only two neighbors hunt, but they don't feed or anything. Just setup a stand during the gun seasons and hunt the fence line. I need to give the deer no reason to leave my place.

Comment

Great looking place. With known trespassing, keep in mind that the deer/hogs are going to come to corn wherever you put it, so make the places where you feed, places that are not easy to see from afar. For example put feeders off the PL which still allows you to sit on the PL and see them cross. That way they are not in the PL for long times feeding and therefore more difficult for someone to easily poach and hunt only when they see them there.

You can plant summer plots in open areas that may not be productive in deer season but will give deer reason to stay on your place year around.
                                Last edited by venado; 01-30-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X