No announcement yet.

Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we have officially been land owners for 1 full year! It has been a blast! Best feeling pulling into the gate of my own place. Nothing like it!

Hoping to get back out to the ranch in 2-3 weeks to check on plot, and fix some downed fencing.

Comment

Well, it's been a while since I have been to the ranch. Haven't been back up there since I planted back in April. With the wife pregnant and me being in the AC business my time is limited. Planning to get back up there within the next 2 weeks to check on everything. Hoping all looks good and the deer are taking to the food plot. I'll post some pics when I do get up there. Planning to add one more feeder to have a total of 3 running and then plant one 1 acre fall plot and one small .25 acre plot. My wife and I's first baby is due in December, and I'm hunting at the H in November so my hunting season will have to be October and November only.

Comment

Well, I finally made a trip up to my place. It is really grown up and needs to be mowed. Planning another trip up there soon with a customer that’s going to help me mow.

Refilled the feeders and reset the cams. Had two cams running from April until now. Only one had pictures as the other one crapped out for some reason. Only had pictures of 4 does, a fawn, and 1 buck, and that card was full by June. Not sure what else has been coming around since then, but it’s all good. Majority of my bucks don’t show up until October anyways.

Food plot and Egyptian wheat screen was a bust. Food plot didn’t come up and the screen came up really spotty and isn’t nearly tall enough yet. May just mow it down and plant something in the fall.

I’m assuming the county came out and redid my driveway into the ranch. It’s definitely been changed. Not sure if it was washed away from the rain and they just came back and put it in place or what.

Creek is full too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made a trip to the ranch this weekend to get prepared for the opener in about a month.

A customer of mine owns some land on the west side of the same county and recently ordered a new tractor for his place. He was nice enough to cut me a steal of a deal on his old tractor and brush hog, and he delivered it! I put it to use this weekend mowing roads and trails.

A buddy and I setup a new feeder in an area where we always see deer crossing. I’m hoping the deer take to the feeder. It seems they have been avoiding some of the other feeders and the coons have taken those feeders over. We hand corned a spot about a month ago and the deer wiped it out. We have 2 new hand corned spots now.

We need to make one more trip in a couple weeks to hang a few stands, put out the pop up blinds, and cut entrance trails.

My place doesn’t seem to get much love from the bucks during the summer. I have had 1 young buck and about 5 does that stay on my place all year, and about this time bucks start to roll in. Had a couple new bucks show up within the last 2 weeks. I expect to see about 8-10 more by October.

Of course I was busy working that I forgot to take pictures, but here are of few pics from the hand corn spot where the new feeder is now.

Comment

This doe has thrown twins every year since I purchased the place.

Comment

Tagged. This is great stuff. Congrats on the property and well done on the work getting put in.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                Tagged. This is great stuff. Congrats on the property and well done on the work getting put in.
                Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

Comment

Looking good bud. It's coming all together.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                    Looking good bud. It's coming all together.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    Thanks, brother! Trying to get deer like you have at your place. You have some nice one's running around!

For some reason I don't have any bucks that summer on my place. Not that it's a bad thing, just a waiting game for the season to come back and the bucks to return.

Comment

Congrats on the tractor and bush hog score! That’s a great addition to your place. The playbook opens up with a few pieces of equipment. I wouldn’t worry too much about the lack of bucks through the summer. As long as you have a good herd of resident does you are good. The cruising bucks will come.

Looking forward to following along this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        Congrats on the tractor and bush hog score! That’s a great addition to your place. The playbook opens up with a few pieces of equipment. I wouldn’t worry too much about the lack of bucks through the summer. As long as you have a good herd of resident does you are good. The cruising bucks will come.

Looking forward to following along this season!

Thanks man! For $1200 I couldn’t pass it up.

I typically carry about 5 does year around. One doe drops twins every year it seems.

I believe too that my place is the thickest place during the winter with the least amount of pressure. I think that’s another reason why the deer gravitate to me when the leaves drop. Super easy to hide! Can’t wait for some cooler temps and the bucks to show up!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Made a trip to the ranch this weekend to get prepared for the opener in about a month.

A customer of mine owns some land on the west side of the same county and recently ordered a new tractor for his place. He was nice enough to cut me a steal of a deal on his old tractor and brush hog, and he delivered it! I put it to use this weekend mowing roads and trails.

A buddy and I setup a new feeder in an area where we always see deer crossing. I’m hoping the deer take to the feeder. It seems they have been avoiding some of the other feeders and the coons have taken those feeders over. We hand corned a spot about a month ago and the deer wiped it out. We have 2 new hand corned spots now.

We need to make one more trip in a couple weeks to hang a few stands, put out the pop up blinds, and cut entrance trails.

My place doesn’t seem to get much love from the bucks during the summer. I have had 1 young buck and about 5 does that stay on my place all year, and about this time bucks start to roll in. Had a couple new bucks show up within the last 2 weeks. I expect to see about 8-10 more by October.

Of course I was busy working that I forgot to take pictures, but here are of few pics from the hand corn spot where the new feeder is now.

Dude that's a steal on that tractor! Congrats!

Comment

B, I dont know how I'm just seeing this. Place looks great!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Following along. Good luck to you this season!

Comment

SNB, I know! I couldn't pass it up. I was looking for a brush mower to drag behind my SxS and wasn't finding anything under that price I paid for the tractor.

E, thanks man! I appreciate it! Ready to hit the H up with you here in a couple of months!

NJ, thanks man! You too! Hoping I can get a few hunts in before the baby arrives.

Comment

Working...
                                X