Jobs in College Station for student?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    I averaged 25-35 an hour bartending tax free with hot college girls all around me in the a.c when I lived there. Go wait tables or bartend

X3

Take more hours and work at night. May take you awhile to get the cherry shifts but it will happen. Worked my way through ( I paid for everything from books to car insurance) slinging Mexican food on the weekends and graduated debt free.

Had a few roommates that were engineers and worked waiting tables while on their internships. They waited at Chilis in CS then just transferred to the local Chili’s where they interned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So op has no skills, trade, or degree but thinks he needs over $12 to start? Did you also vote for Bernie in the primary?

Comment

When I was going to A&M, I worked the auction barn in Navasota. Picked up side jobs slinging hay, etc. from there. Then worked at Tractor Supply for a while. Finally ended up working for a HVAC company.

If I wear you, I would look at residential construction. Paid good, worked around my school schedule, and I learned a ton.

Comment

Producers Feed. My younger son worked there for almost a year, hard work he said, but a good group of folks. Free workout slinging feed bags. Plenty of safety training and I think they even forklift certified him. If he still lived there, he'd probably still be working there.

Comment

Suprised no one has suggested TAKL app
            My bro is doing it here in austin and when he told me he was getting 75$ to mow a lawn here and there I didn't believe him
            You would be suprised how many ppl will pay good money for honey do stuff around the house

Comment

To the OP/OP's son, please shoot me a PM with contact information

Comment

Several of my cousins worked at Aggieland Outfitters during college and did pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                  So op has no skills, trade, or degree but thinks he needs over $12 to start? Did you also vote for Bernie in the primary?
                  Seeing how he is in highschool I doubt he voted.... You're cool though....

Comment

No idea how they’re doing now, but 11-12 years ago I worked for Britt Rice Electric. They hired a lot of green young men and taught them a trade. We had a few Aggies working for us while going to school, and a lot of 18-22 yr olds going through the BR apprenticeship school. At that time starting pay was around $10. Wasn’t the best paying gig by any means, but some things it taught me were invaluable. It’s kind of funny to see a green behind the ears apprentice with 3-4 “journeyman” working underneath him lol

Comment

9.75 isn’t worth it ??? You must not be too hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                        9.75 isn’t worth it ??? You must not be too hungry.
                        Serious? To go get a CDL? Maybe getting a commercial license is easier than I think? How much time and money does it take to get a CDL?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Serious? To go get a CDL? Maybe getting a commercial license is easier than I think? How much time and money does it take to get a CDL?
                          Pretty sure A&M pays for it if I remember correctly

Comment

Kevin’s Lawn Service is where I worked, not sure if he’s hiring at the moment. You’re not gonna start at $12 an hour, more like 8 and it won’t be easy work or half a** work. But he works with your schedule will give you raises if you’re worth it and will teach you a lot, old school marine type boss

Comment

Only 9 credit hours?

Maybe times have changed, but less than 12 used to not even be considered a full-time student.

I'd register for at least one more class and find some job that's willing to work around the school schedule.

My opinion isn't worth much, but pretty much everyone I knew back in my school days that didn't embrace a full time school schedule never finished.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                                Only 9 credit hours?

Maybe times have changed, but less than 12 used to not even be considered a full-time student.

I'd register for at least one more class and find some job that's willing to work around the school schedule.

My opinion isn't worth much, but pretty much everyone I knew back in my school days that didn't embrace a full time school schedule never finished.
                                He can't. They let him take 16-18 credit hours the first two semesters. But now he's caught up and Sophomores cant's take junior classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X