No announcement yet.

What bird is this!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a purple gallinule based on my google search results! Thanks guys!

Comment

Witchfooted Marsh Hen

Comment

purple gallinule

Comment

Strange that his plumage does not appear full. It should be beautiful this time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            Strange that his plumage does not appear full. It should be beautiful this time of the year.
            maybe its the lighting showing more black instead of the purple hue. Or it could be the pretzel diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Peule deau and marsh hens are not the same thing. A marsh hen is a gallinule or rail. Purple gallinules and king and clapper rails are all called marsh hens down here in the Louisiana marsh. A peule deau is a coot. Different birds with different limits.

Yup...the peule deau/coots have webbed feet...

Comment

Purple Gallinule

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yup...the peule deau/coots have webbed feet...
                  Well, webbed toes actually

Comment

pretty sure thats the ****in crow from game of thrones and somewhere theres a kid in a homemade wheelchair sitting under a tree seein' what you just did thinkin you were alone on that boat.....

Comment

Jesus, those feet!

Comment

What we always called a peule deau is actually a Grebe and not a coot. We called the Gallinule's a "Moor hen" and a coot was a coot... Funny how different locale's identify things in "slang" terms... I mean a dang white perch ain't no sock-a-lay... Even hard for me to recognize them as a crappie cause they dang sure ain't crappie! Thay's dang good eatin'!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Them are some big azz feet is all I know!
                          I didn't even see the feet... I thought it was sitting on a pile of branches. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            What we always called a peule deau is actually a Grebe and not a coot. We called the Gallinule's a "Moor hen" and a coot was a coot... Funny how different locale's identify things in "slang" terms... I mean a dang white perch ain't no sock-a-lay... Even hard for me to recognize them as a crappie cause they dang sure ain't crappie! Thay's dang good eatin'!!
                            We call grebe's hell divers.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                              Peule deau and marsh hens are not the same thing. A marsh hen is a gallinule or rail. Purple gallinules and king and clapper rails are all called marsh hens down here in the Louisiana marsh. A peule deau is a coot. Different birds with different limits.
                              I have heard this argument since I was a kid and I grew up in Cajun Country

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                I have heard this argument since I was a kid and I grew up in Cajun Country
                                What argument?

Comment

Working...
                                X