San Saba Update & New Toy/ Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    We found 2 good ones in the creek in the middle of the place & a few weeks ago my wife found a DEEP one in the NW corner. It just opens up on flat ground and goes straight down.
    I have personally climbed down into that one. It goes sideways pretty far if you ever get the nerve to check it out. Pretty deep hole with lots of spiders down inside. You have to wonder if the indians climbed down into those things out of curiosity if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      I have personally climbed down into that one. It goes sideways pretty far if you ever get the nerve to check it out. Pretty deep hole with lots of spiders down inside. You have to wonder if the indians climbed down into those things out of curiosity if nothing else.
      The one in the nw corner? You know of any more on there? I told my daughter's boyfriend he would find out how deep they were if he didn't mind his manners! Lol !

Comment

Living right David, beautiful place!

Comment

Looking great my friend. These truly are The Best of Times!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            The one in the nw corner? You know of any more on there? I told my daughter's boyfriend he would find out how deep they were if he didn't mind his manners! Lol !
            Yes that one. They almost always have those wild holly bushes growing around the top. There's one just east of your cabin (our old camp area) in the cedars. It's not nearly as big though. There are a bunch on the land south of you. Some go pretty far down too. We helped the rancher fish out a calf one time in one of them. He was none the worse for wear surprisingly. Some are full of barbed wire and other assorted trash now for that very reason. I just know some go pretty far underground. Another one is due west of the Thousand Dollar tank and about 150 yards east of the county road. I had a great bow stand up high in a burr oak there, probably still there. It's an interesting place for sure.
            Last edited by quarterback; 05-07-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Way way cool!

Comment

Working...
              X