Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Palacios Bay Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Post like yours is the reason it's so crowded there now. You can do the same with a pm. It's a public spot, I get it. I already sent him a pm about it with pics. There are ways to go about helping somebody without announcing it to the world.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      lol
      No reason to lol. It's true. Used to go down there and be one or two other people. Now, there's 10-15 trying to wade off the same sand bar. Can't hardly fish there anymore. I got a boat and don't fish there anymore, but the guy that doesn't have a boat is stuck. Still some fish to be had but it's not the same.

Comment

Post like yours is the reason it's so crowded there now. You can do the same with a pm. It's a public spot, I get it. I already sent him a pm about it with pics. There are ways to go about helping somebody without announcing it to the world.
        Yep.

Comment

No reason to lol. It's true. Used to go down there and be one or two other people. Now, there's 10-15 trying to wade off the same sand bar. Can't hardly fish there anymore. I got a boat and don't fish there anymore, but the guy that doesn't have a boat is stuck. Still some fish to be had but it's not the same.
          I hope everybody that sees the map goes and takes their kids and their kid's friends with them and that they catch as many fish there as I did as a kid. Then, I hope those kids are as addicted to saltwater fishing as I am and spend the same money I do or more supporting and protecting our natural resources for the next generation.

I'm an abundance theory guy, sounds like you're a scarcity kinda guy...to each his own, but I'll continue to lol.

Comment

I hope everybody that sees the map goes and takes their kids and their kid's friends with them and that they catch as many fish there as I did as a kid. Then, I hope those kids are as addicted to saltwater fishing as I am and spend the same money I do or more supporting and protecting our natural resources for the next generation.

I'm an abundance theory guy, sounds like you're a scarcity kinda guy...to each his own, but I'll continue to lol.
            I'm not saying that they're going to catch all the fish, I'm saying there's a small piece of real estate to fish that can't hold more than 3-4 people, so you show up to fish and There's no place for you to fish. It's too crowded. I grew up fishing there, I went to high school at Tidehaven, used to drag my jon boat to school and fish there after school. It used to be a great place to fish, it's. It's not that way anymore. Go there on a Saturday and tell me if it's the way you remembered it. It happens, such is life, but if people wouldn't spread the world on social media it wouldn't be so bad.

Comment

I'm not saying that they're going to catch all the fish, I'm saying there's a small piece of real estate to fish that can't hold more than 3-4 people, so you show up to fish and There's no place for you to fish. It's too crowded. I grew up fishing there, I went to high school at Tidehaven, used to drag my jon boat to school and fish there after school. It used to be a great place to fish, it's. It's not that way anymore. Go there on a Saturday and tell me if it's the way you remembered it. It happens, such is life, but if people wouldn't spread the world on social media it wouldn't be so bad.
              See you out there!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                See you out there!

You won't see me out there. Have at it. Just trying to help some other people out.

Comment

I’m headed there right now with my neighbors and their kids and all there friends their friends friends! And my dog!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    I’m headed there right now with my neighbors and their kids and all there friends their friends friends! And my dog!

Comment

This is exactly why the Hagerman is going to ****

Comment

Could it possibly be that there are 4X more people now than when you were going to high school?

Comment

I also grew up fishing this spot. Fished it many days before and after school also attending Tidehaven. (Lifelong Matagorda County Resident) so there is a good chance we know each other. I still fish this spot. I do not own a boat, and it is one of the few easily accessible places to wade fish and do some decent catching. I have fished The Matagorda area and up and down the Texas coast my whole life, including tournament fishing. I had knowledge about the area this guy was in and wanted to help.
                          I agree, there are too many people fishing here. I USUALLY dont tell anyone about this place, especially when the fish are biting.
                          No offense to the OP but he sounded like a novice saltwater fisherman.
                          He Said he had a limited window to do a little fishing and wanted to catch some fish.
                          I have a buddy that fishes there ALOT and he would be ****** if he knew i dropped this info on a stranger.
                          BUT>>> I cant even begin to explain how the people on TEXASBOWHUNTER have helped me in the past, but believe me it was way more significant than a fishing spot. So i generously gave up the info.
                          I did not want to post the pictures publicly, but was unable to attach to a pm and since i was here at work an had a free moment I posted it on the thread.
                          You have a boat, and if you know anything about the Matagorda area then you know that there are much better places to fish just like i do. So maybe dont worry so much, about a drive up and wade spot.

Mike Johnson
                          Tidehaven High School class of 97
                          Silver F-150 crew cab 4x4
                          If you ever see me out there fishing come say hi. You can wade right on in next to me.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 05-08-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Can't go Saturday I'll be stuck in Key Allegro all weekend I haven't been to Oyster Lake in 20+ years but I believe you that it's changed and I do understand what you are saying.

Exposing people to saltwater fishing is a passion of mine and a bit of a hot button for me. If my friend's Dad that first took me to Oyster Lake wouldn't have hauled me down there because he thought it was a secret, I would have really missed out on a lot. My Dad is a horse guy, hates saltwater but did let me have my own boat at 14, which I then sank in Carancuhua at 16...but learned a lot from it.

Don't get me wrong, I still get frustrated when I roll up on one of "my spots" and it's already covered but I've done it long enough to know I better have more than one, just part of the game.

When did you graduate from Tidehaven?
                            Last edited by rvd; 05-08-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                              I also grew up fishing this spot. Fished it many days before and after school also attending Tidehaven. (Lifelong Matagorda County Resident) so there is a good chance we know each other. I still fish this spot. I do not own a boat, and it is one of the few easily accessible places to wade fish and do some decent catching. I have fished The Matagorda area and up and down the Texas coast my whole life, including tournament fishing. I had knowledge about the area this guy was in and wanted to help.
                              I agree, there are too many people fishing here. I USUALLY dont tell anyone about this place, especially when the fish are biting.
                              No offense to the OP but he sounded like a novice saltwater fisherman.
                              He Said he had a limited window to do a little fishing and wanted to catch some fish.
                              I have a buddy that fishes there ALOT and he would be ****** if he knew i dropped this info on a stranger.
                              BUT>>> I cant even begin to explain how the people on TEXASBOWHUNTER have helped me in the past, but believe me it was way more significant than a fishing spot. So i generously gave up the info.
                              I did not want to post the pictures publicly, but was unable to attach to a pm and since i was here at work an had a free moment I posted it on the thread.
                              You have a boat, and if you know anything about the Matagorda area then you know that there are much better places to fish just like i do. So maybe dont worry so much, about a drive up and wade spot.

Mike Johnson
                              Tidehaven High School class of 97
                              Silver F-150 crew cab 4x4
                              If you ever see me out there fishing come say hi. You can wade right on in next to me.

I wanted to help the OP out as well, I sent him pics, and a detailed "how to" to fish that spot. I just did it in a pm, so I wasn't announcing it to everybody.

Comment

Can't go Saturday I'll be stuck in Key Allegro all weekend I haven't been to Oyster Lake in 20+ years but I believe you that it's changed and I do understand what you are saying.

Exposing people to saltwater fishing is a passion of mine and a bit of a hot button for me. If my friend's Dad that first took me to Oyster Lake wouldn't have hauled me down there because he thought it was a secret, I would have really missed out on a lot. My Dad is a horse guy, hates saltwater but did let me have my own boat at 14, which I then sank in Carancuhua at 16...but learned a lot from it.

Don't get me wrong, I still get frustrated when I roll up on one of "my spots" and it's already covered but I've done it long enough to know I better have more than one, just part of the game.

When did you graduate from Tidehaven?

Comment

Working...
                                X