Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    x10!

country or not very down to earth guy. He took the time to meet and chat with anyone who wanted to talk at Dosey Doe in the woodlands several years ago. He hadnt gotten as famous then and there was maybe 40 people in the place. Heck I had 2 tickets listed here for free and no one took them. He sat for at least 2 beers after the concert just talking
    i agree. if you read my post I state he is a very down to earth guy. Kinda reserved/quiet stoner guy. I don't know Cody personally but a family member of mine was good friends with his original guitarist in the Heavy Metal band when they went to LA. He has nothing but good things to say about Cody.

Comment

Randy Travis?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        Dwight has a great sound, and a beat.

Aint no Neal McCoy though. Or Mark Chestnut.

And slam bam, I'm feeling alright
        Troubles take a hike in the blink of an eye
        Don't need to psychoanalyze or have a stiff drink
        All she's got to do is just give me that wink

Mark chesnutt is the bomb diggity

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          The last real country singer???

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          I like him...BUT...I think a strong argument could be made that he was the Luke Bryan of his day. Whining voice, skin tight jeans, Hollywood. Plenty of country singers even today if you know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
            Cody Jinks is an odd one for me. He's a very talented singer-song writer no doubt but has about 0 real country in him. He grew up in Haltom city and got his start playing in local Heavy Metal Bands. It amazes me the creativity some of these people have with basically having zero life experience regarding never lived in the country and gain a following who look at him as the "real" kinda new outlaw country guy. He's far from a Johnny/Waylon/DAC type. Having friends who grew up with him and part of some of his original bands, he is very down to earth, quiet stoner guy.
            Never really researched him. He sounds like pure country to me just like Jamey Johnson so that’s good enough for me! Cast no stones and David’s song are two dam good songs!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              George Strait.....Point, Set, Match.
              This

Comment

Dwight Yoakam

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                Is everyone forgetting about Chris LeDoux?

I’m thinking since he’s no longer with us he can’t be the last real country singer

He was one of my favorites though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X