Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Player’s Championship - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player’s Championship - 2018

Tournament time for the Players Championship at Ponte Vedra Fl. begins May 10th. I will have the field posted on Sunday May 6th. This is the 2nd leg of this year’s 6 tournament tour.

RULES:

* Pick 6 players for your team. After the final round we will total your 4 best scores for the 4 rounds for your team’s score.

* Losers send Ol'Abe to the winner

* Team entry dead line **** Wednesday May 9, at 12 midnight.

* if you want to change a pick on your team.
    **** It must be (1 player named and added) for (1 player named and removed) by Wednesday midnight***

* Playoff - Playoff rules to be announced and will be the same as The Masters. The final rule will be a blind draw from the official hat so there will be only one winner.

The Committee

Start thinking and talking about your picks.

Don’t forget the upcoming TBH OPEN at Oakhurst CC in Porter. The Committee wants to see a good turnout of our players at the TBH Open. We had 48 players for The Masters so maybe we can send 24 teams. The date is June 23 but Mary needs to get an idea on the number of teams early. Please sign up ASAP if you can. The registration thread is at the top of Around the Campfire. This a great tournament and get together. See you there.

Comment

Weather forecast for next week is looking good. High 80s, partly cloudy and hopefully windy. If I recall the greens were a tad on the slick side last year.

This tournament returns to March dates next year so this could be the last good weather ever for The Players.

Comment

I'm sure I'll donate another abe. I'm not far from your neck of the woods this morning. Waiting on one of my reps in Columbus, MS. The MS high school state tourney apparently is going on here. Bunch of Fowler look alikes running around my hotel this morning.

Comment

Are you going to be at the TBH Open?

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
            Are you going to be at the TBH Open?
            I'll check my schedule. I've played once in the last 6 months so if I do it will be ugly.

Comment

First in wins!

Jack Nicklaus
              Lee Travino
              Chi Chi Rodriquez
              Tony Romo
              John Daly
              Greg Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                First in wins!

Jack Nicklaus
                Lee Travino
                Chi Chi Rodriquez
                Tony Romo
                John Daly
                Greg Norman
                Have you decided which 1 player you will remove and which 1 player you will add.

Comment

First in wins!

Jack Nicklaus
                  Lee Travino
                  Chi Chi Rodriquez
                  Tony Romo
                  John Daly
                  Greg Norman
                  I’ll start you at -10 if you can guess within 5+ or - the number of cigarettes Daly smokes in a round.

Comment

Ahh yes...the 3rd major. I love the Players! The mental game of 16,17, and 18 is great drama on Sunday. Also home of my favorite Serge meltdown.

Comment

First in wins!

Jack Nicklaus
                      Lee Travino
                      Chi Chi Rodriquez
                      Tony Romo
                      John Daly
                      Greg Norman
                      Stole my picks right out from under me!

Comment

BTW, John Daly is defending his title right here in Houston this weekend......assuming he can make the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          BTW, John Daly is defending his title right here in Houston this weekend......assuming he can make bail.
                          Fixed!

Comment

BTW, John Daly is defending his title right here in Houston this weekend......assuming he can make the cut.

Don’t be too tough on him. I bought most of my TBH golf balls from an old caddy of his who has a golf shop in Ocala. Tell him hello from Jerry and he may give you a carton of Pall Mall.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Fixed!

Careful, careful! If Chew writes a sonnet to John Daly at 2:30 tomorrow morning we will know what happened.

Comment

Stole my picks right out from under me!
                              My regular picks suck so I thought I would go out on a limb

Comment

Working...
                              X