Turning Pasture into Yard!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    Buy a chain harrow. Will work well for thatch, aeration, and flip over and use as a drag to level. 300-500 bucks depending on size you go with.
    Disc it up first then drag it out smooth with the harrow

Comment

assuming not a lot of rocks, i would disc it, then drag/harrow it smooth. the grass will come back but you should add some seed to help it along. maybe bermuda would be a good fit? if you did it very soon, probably could get some grass established before the real heat but it is getting to the point you may want to wait for the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        Where would you think to rent?
        You could look at local equipment rental places or possibly feed stores or co-ops may have some info. You could also use a good chain harrow or even a heavy piece of metal or wood to drag around. The only problem with that is it will follow the natural contour of the land so you will still have small hills and valleys, although they will be smoother to drive over.

Comment

Is it sandy land? In my clay yard disk would made more bumps than it would fix.

Drag harrow as mentioned would be a good thing to have and would help as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
            You could use your disc to break up the soil and then rent a 3pt land leveler (I think thats what they are called) that works similar to a box blade, but with a horizontal scraper to level out the high spots. After that reseed quickly to establish cover and prevent erosion. This might be something you want to look at closer to fall as you want to ensure plenty of rainfall to get the grass established. Just my thoughts.
            Land plane

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              assuming not a lot of rocks, i would disc it, then drag/harrow it smooth. the grass will come back but you should add some seed to help it along. maybe bermuda would be a good fit? if you did it very soon, probably could get some grass established before the real heat but it is getting to the point you may want to wait for the fall.
              Not alot of rocks. I will probably wait for the fall so the contractors dont tear it all up.

Comment

Not alot of rocks. I will probably wait for the fall so the contractors dont tear it all up.
                This is using your head.

Comment

Contractor will probably have a box blade or something. You could probably guy a couple of loads of sand and ask him to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X