Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

need some cattle raising tips....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Pm me you phone number and I will call and visit with you.
    thank you again for taking time away from your day. glad you were there to answer questions. it's a whole new adventure

Comment

Buy 2 young calves and feed them out. You can either sell them at the auction when the get big or finish them out and have them butchered. Don't let the kids get attached to them hard to sell them but harder for them to eat them.

Comment

Name them T bone and Hamburger

Comment

Haha
          Originally posted by wow View Post
          Name them T bone and Hamburger

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Just how old are they? How old is too old to feed cows?
            Around these parts it's not uncommon at all to see gentlemen in their 70's taking care of a large heard such as feeding. Every now and then you will see a few in their 80's. After a stint of a few decades in the suburbs, I prefer Krogers and HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Around these parts it's not uncommon at all to see gentlemen in their 70's taking care of a large heard such as feeding. Every now and then you will see a few in their 80's. After a stint of a few decades in the suburbs, I prefer Krogers and HEB.
              Thanks!

I was just curious how old Rescue1’s parents were since they are too old to talk care of a couple of cows on two acres.

Comment

We raise Aberdeen Angus for the past 4 years. They are small frame cattle, very gentle to work with and also provide heart healthy beef. Much easier to handle than the larger framed cattle and very efficient on converting feed to beef. Ours are grass fed but I know a lots of folks do a combination of grass and grain. Drop me a pm if you'd like more info...

tending the fire,
                Bob G.

Comment

Hummmmmmmm

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                  Run it like a feed lot. Pour the feed to them until they are ready to eat. They taste better than grass fed beef.
                  I believe you need to start with the right breed of cattle, what you put into your beef is what you get out so quality grass makes a huge difference as well.
                  We grass feed and ours have been very tasty...

tending the fire,
                  Bob G.

Comment

Working...
                  X