No announcement yet.

A v8 taco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knew a guy back in the 70's that dropped a 454 in a Vega station wagon. And a friend of mine put a 350 Chevy in a 2 door Toyota Corolla.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      Just kick the Toyota to the curb and buy a real truck... I know a good Ford dealer...
      I have a 2018 Tundra.......set of the pants, the Tundra is crazy. BUT!!!!! F150 has the numbers. I do miss my F150.

Comment

I disagree with these guys dogging the 4.7 v8. I had a 2005 Tundra with that engine, as well as a 2007 4runner. It lacked a little in the low end department in the Tundra, but that engine was a beast in the 4runner. I think it would be great in a Tacoma.

Comment

Just kick the Toyota to the curb and buy a real truck... I know a good Ford dealer...
          Yeah , Toyota owners never really get to know their dealers, only have to go to one about every 350,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
            I may need to scrap my 4 runner, it has the 4.7L V8. Would it be possible to put this engine in a Tacoma? This is a great engine and would like to reuse somehow.
            Thanks
            Bert
            Same chasis I think. Back in the day, there was a mod kit that enabled a V8 swap on a Toyota.

Comment

Hey our truck is a Ford! The Jeep is my toy!
              I use my 4Runner for both

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I use my 4Runner for both
                I bet your 4 runner wont tow my camper....

Comment

All this talk about Tacos are making me hungry..

Comment

I bet your 4 runner wont tow my camper....
                    Use my 4runner for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                      All this talk about Tacos are making me hungry..
                      I was thinking the Yoga Pants variety We haven't had a good "girl riding a bike thread" in quite some time.

Comment

Use my 4runner for that too.
                        A smaller TT, okay. We used to tow a 25 ft TT with our Expedition too but that one only weighed 4000lb. Our current TT is 8500ish dry weight and no way... but I like to take the top and doors off the Jeep as well for fun, recreation AND hunting purposes.

Comment

I got nothing to add other than to say go for it. Sounds like the making of an awesome mud truck.

Comment

A smaller TT, okay. We used to tow a 25 ft TT with our Expedition too but that one only weighed 4000lb. Our current TT is 8500ish dry weight and no way... but I like to take the top and doors off the Jeep as well for fun, recreation AND hunting purposes.
                            I meant I use my 4Runner as the camper.

I have seen Tacomas pull some mighty big loads. More than what I thought they could.

Comment

I meant I use my 4Runner as the camper.

I have seen Tacomas pull some mighty big loads. More than what I thought they could.
                              Pulling aint the problem, it's stopping that presents an issue.

I just bought a new Expedition with the tow package, rates at 9000lbs.

Have a 6klb dry weight TT, we'll see how well it pulls before I get rid of my diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                                Pulling aint the problem, it's stopping that presents an issue.

I just bought a new Expedition with the tow package, rates at 9000lbs.

Have a 6klb dry weight TT, we'll see how well it pulls before I get rid of my diesel.
                                Yeah, I was trying to make funny, but missed the mark. 6grand is a lot of weight. With a trailer of that weight I would think there would trailer brakes on it, right? I don't know if TT come with brakes are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X