Rockets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
    Smart, if it would be anybody it woulda been me, the Dubs play 30 minutes north of where I work. I didn’t have a dog in the fight or money on the game- and I was hoping the Texas team would win.

Funny, now they’re bailing-out of Oakland for the new stadium in San Francisco, their loyal fan base can’t afford the season ticket prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a slap in the face for them to leave the East Bay where folks supported them when they could not make a dang lay up! But being a CAPITALIST I can fully understand the move. Talked to a homegirl that has been in San Fran area for 24 years and been a season ticket holder for 9. They already gotten her two seats locked and loaded. She mentioned that the folks in her old section in Oakland all re-upped with the new stadium prices. heck, her seats are even better than what they had before!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      Currently...you may be right. He cant carry the team though when times get rough. And that’s what great players do. They had the team to beat GS this year...unfortunately CP3 got hurt. Woulda been nice to see what coulda been...
      "They had" probably the closest team that could compete with the Warriors. If you think they had the better team, you obviously don't watch much basketball...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        And probably the second or third best player in the nba...
        How did the Mavericks do?
        He’s a great player, but you can’t deny that he doesn’t have that go finish this game factor when his team needs it. He had a heck of a game last night, but down the stretch where it mattered he wasn’t near “MVP” status

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
          He’s a great player, but you can’t deny that he doesn’t have that go finish this game factor when his team needs it. He had a heck of a game last night, but down the stretch where it mattered he wasn’t near “MVP” status
          It’s easy to point fingers after they lost...,but let’s not forget who got them there.

Comment

Responsibility with the 2nd half of game 6 and 7 lies with the coach.

No other way to it.

Comment

It’s easy to point fingers after they lost...,but let’s not forget who got them there.
              I will be the first one to gas can a choke job on a guy but 0-27 3 attempts in the second half is a total team dumpster fire.

He will take the heat though because he is the face of the team. That's part of making the $$ he does.....

Comment

I said he’s a great player, but he doesn’t have that factor to get them over the hump when they are there, every year they get there and he falls flat when it matters the most

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

No other way to it.

Yes Dantonio went 0 for 27 from 3...... Purely player execution....

Live by the 3 die by the 3..

Comment

I love b-ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I love b-ball.

Now that's a real winner....

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

No other way to it.
                        Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Yes Dantonio went 0 for 27 from 3...... Purely player execution....

Live by the 3 die by the 3..

It's up to you as the coach, the person that draws up the plays that says we will shoot a 3 pointer or get it down low in the post to Capella, to recognize that your main marksmen are "off" and that after so many missed attempts you need to COACH your team to run a new game plan whereby shooting 3 pointers are forbidden until we gain more confidence in our shot by getting momentum in scoring in other ways.

Same with football.
                        If your run game is getting stuffed you don't continue to run.
                        You air it out which spreads the defense which opens up the potential to run the ball again.

Part of this is Dantonios fault.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          It's up to you as the coach, the person that draws up the plays that says we will shoot a 3 pointer or get it down low in the post to Capella, to recognize that your main marksmen are "off" and that after so many missed attempts you need to COACH your team to run a new game plan whereby shooting 3 pointers are forbidden until we gain more confidence in our shot by getting momentum in scoring in other ways.

Same with football.
                          You air it out which spreads the defense which opens up the potential to run the ball again.

^^^ This! I think the Rockets were in shock. They went into half-time knowing the Warriors are monsters in the 3rd quarter but really believing they could pull it out because of the first half. The Rockets cannot match the firepower of the Warriors from the 3 point line. Gordon is a great shooter but not as natural as Klay. Harden is at his best when driving and drawing the foul. When Klay and Durant, and Steph get hot and start making circus shots I think it gets to be disheartening.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                            I said he’s a great player, but he doesn’t have that factor to get them over the hump when they are there, every year they get there and he falls flat when it matters the most
                            So he is more of a Barkley, Malone, Nash, or Iverson type player?

Comment

So he is more of a Barkley, Malone, Nash, or Iverson type player?
                              It’s tough for me to say because I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to those guys/they played before my time. Like I said he’s a great player, but when it gets into the time where it matters in the game, he goes cold every time. I know there were plenty of other guys that choked in game 7 for the Rockets, but Harden is Houston’s guy, Houston’s MVP, when the team is down or losing that momentum he’s the guy that should bring them back to it, but in the big games that not him, that’s why CP3 meant so much to houston, he took the pressure off of Harden

Comment

Rockets....

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

Same with football.

Please apply... they could use a good coach like you[emoji23][emoji23]. Dantonio should have called the put it in the basket play more instead of the miss the basket.

Houston lives and dies by the 3... especially against a high potent offense like GS. They died twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X