No announcement yet.

Truck Robbery Follow Up Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't leave anything in my truck I can't afford to lose. So I leave the keys in it and the window down a lot thinking maybe someone will take the whole thing off my hands. So far no luck. It's so beat up nobody else wants it either.lol

I don't have any stickers or anything on it but it's pretty obvious a redneck drives it. I think people pretty much assume there's probably weapons in it.
    Last edited by okrattler; 04-21-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

I don't see a gofundme account?

Comment

December 1992 I believe. Tomball Walmart. Previous owner of my truck had a Glock sticker on the back window. I am not a sticker person and have never put one on a vehicle, and have never owned a Glock ( I do have tbh on my teryx ) but neglected to remove it when I bought the truck. Went in for just a few minutes and when I came out door was cracked open and stereo and my Ruger P90 was gone. Pistol was not in view but they found it.

Unlike others, I dont blame the victim when stuff is stolen. Dont get me wrong, when you leave stuff in your vehicle, you must accept the fact that it is vulnerable and you may never see it again, but it is the theives ( robbers haha ) fault.

Now, starting a gofundme is another matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          .....so its a bBurglary of a motor vVehicles maybe?
          fify

Comment

I do hvac. My truck is a target as it is surely going to have tools in it. Hate a thief.

Comment

Oh, cool. made 10 pt.

Comment

We had 4 trucks broken into where I work. Middle of the day just before lunch time. They were all in a line parked on the street and it was a smash and grab. All 4 trucks had the curb side window broken and the center console was opened. Three pistols were stolen, the forth was empty.

We called HPD and reports were filed. They told us that most any 4 door 4x4 truck is a potential target, adding stickers just confirms it's a good candidate for break in to the low life pond scum sucking vermin that commit such crime.

Comment

I won't put stickers on my truck just because I feel like any kind of sticker that has something to do with the outdoors or Guns etc will make it a bigger target

Comment

I've only had one truck broken into, but they took the whole truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Trucks cannot be robbed. Trucks cannot be put in fear of their life, safety, or suffer from bodily injury during the commission of a theft.

Carry on!

Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

had a ford ranger that was broken into at lunch when i made stop at academy on 1604 & redland. they missed my oakley's and gas card i left in center console but i wish i could have see look on face when they opened gym bag they took with week old sweaty gym clothes.

Comment

yes I have, Bass Pro Shop San Antonio. F150, Oaklys frm overhead compartment, 1911 Sig frm console, Hoyt frm back of crew cab under blanket w seats down. Got in a bind and took a chance, parked w locking door facing store, close as I could to minimize risk and lost big time.

there are things i could have done to help myself I get it. Also get that it will probably happen again someday as we live in a different world than I grew up in. i'm 60 something and not the first time for trk or house SUCKS.

That said i tend to keep a cheaper smaller piece that can go in a pocket with me and be handy when returning to trk. cheap sunglasses stay in trk etc.

Somewhere along the line I've decided I WILL NOT go around in an empty truck fearing everyday that the hammer will fall, has before and may again. just try to keep it to a minimum. I will enjoy life and heaven help you if i catch you because I will blame the perp not the victim that is all carry on.

Comment

My truck was not broken into, I stupidly forgot to lock when i came home and it was in my driveway. I guess some kids checked it. My truck is nothing to fancy its a 2013 GMC not lifted or 4x4, no stickers, no leather and pretty plain.

They opened the center console and took a crown bag with about $25 in change in it. I keep an inexpensive pistol in my truck in the lower compartment under the seat, I had a gps on the windshield a pair of Costa sunglasses, an inverter, several boxes on various ammo, an ipod and a few other things - none of which were taken.

I probably wouldn't have realized they took my change for several days if they hadn't left my console open.

Comment

Lost a quiver and several arrows out of my F-250 about 25 yrs ago. They were laying in the back seat, truck was parked in the driveway. Only incident in the neighborhood that night and no stickers.

Comment

Had a Jericho Desert Eagle 9mm stolen from my truck in my driveway one night. Police said they used one of those flat pieces of metal locksmiths use to open my door. They got the criminals prints off the window and door, but so far I haven’t heard anything. I loved that gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X