Is Paypal secure??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Paypal secure??

How secure is Paypal??? I have someone wanting to buy my Kubota RTV500 and pay me via Paypal, then have a transport pick it up for delivery to him...
    I have reservations about this deal so need the GS advice on if Paypal is a secure method of payment for me...Thanks in advance.

I hope so! I have been using it for years with no problems.

Comment

Do NOT do this... lots of scams happen this exact way.

Comment

If this is a craigslist deal then RUN! it is a scam.

Cash or wire would be the only form i would take. even a cashiers check could be forged.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
          How secure is Paypal??? I have someone wanting to buy my Kubota RTV500 and pay me via Paypal, then have a transport pick it up for delivery to him...
          I have reservations about this deal so need the GS advice on if Paypal is a secure method of payment for me...Thanks in advance.
          That sounds like a scam

Comment

Scam for sure !!

Comment

As long as you have him send the money Goods and Services (there are fees) and you let the funds clear into your account and then as a safety precaution I would transfer the money out of PayPal before I let the item leave.

I have probably done over 100 transactions with PayPal and never had an issue. Closest thing I had was guy gave me a wrong payment email and I send some money to the wrong person. It was caught and reported to PayPal within a day it did take about 2 weeks to get all that straight.

Comment

This guy came to me from Craigslist so that's what has me so concerned....My gut feeling is that this is a scam as well...

Thanks for input guys.

Comment

But as stated above their are people doing scams

Comment

Paypay is secure but this sounds like a scam.

Comment

This is a scam dude pretty sure there was multiple articles out about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
                        Oh lord dude STOP THE TRAIN. You are being scammed. Google this.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          As long as you have him send the money Goods and Services (there are fees) and you let the funds clear into your account and then as a safety precaution I would transfer the money out of PayPal before I let the item leave.

I have probably done over 100 transactions with PayPal and never had an issue. Closest thing I had was guy gave me a wrong payment email and I send some money to the wrong person. It was caught and reported to PayPal within a day it did take about 2 weeks to get all that straight.
                          This exactly. Funds with checks and no debit or cc can take days to clear. Once you have transferred funds from paypal to bank account you're clear. Tell buyer nothing moves until money is in bank and if he balks its a scam.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                            This exactly. Funds with checks and no debit or cc can take days to clear. Once you have transferred funds from paypal to bank account you're clear. Tell buyer nothing moves until money is in bank and if he balks its a scam.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            I still wouldn't do this. They can still come back and file a dispute and leave you on the hook...

Comment

Google search, PayPal itself is a secure platform, banks are secure as well, it's a scam, they pay thru PayPal using false funds it'll show it in your account , just like you would deposit a fraudulent check at your bank, they'll deposit it and you'll leave only to find out a few days later that it bounced. This is a common scam on CL, only way is to send them an invoice thru the goods and services and have them pay, don't release anything to their shippers, until it clears into your PayPal account then transfer out into your own account. some people might not have cash and are using their cc or the finance option thru PayPal so they should not have a problem doing it your way. Your intiate it thru PayPal and send it to them to pay that way you know it's not fake

Comment

Working...
                              X