TBH golf Tournament? ***See post #118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    Tentatively mark you calendars for June 2nd and just slightly north of Houston. Tentatively because I don't have the contract worked out completely yet...but feel it will be very soon.

More details soon.
    I think it should be in Blanco!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Oakhurst is a decent track that plays pretty generously. It's wide, not a lot of water and not crazy long. Course is usually in great shape.

I don't think it ever matters how good you are on any given golf course....that's why they sell balls in boxes of 12.

I've had our company golf tournament there for 11 out of the last 12 years and they always do a great job hosting. Food has always been good. People are always great to deal with. I know the guy that owns the course and to say that it's not "stuffy" is an understatement. Oakhurst is very laid back.

For those of you coming in from out of town, there are several nice places to stay within just a few miles and lots of good places to eat very close by.

Im coming from Sugar Land so I think my drive is about as far as those from DFW lol. Im going to need one of those rooms.

Comment

TBH golf Tournament?

I'm gonna crash the gates of Joslin Manor in a club car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-19-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I'm gonna crash the gates of Joslin Manor in a club car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I don't live near the golf course, but I'm sure you could cover the 3-4 miles in a well-charged cart.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
            I think it should be in Blanco!
            I'm thinking Fredericksburg or Kerrville!

Broke out the sticks after a long session of collecting dust. Heck, replaced the woods, added a hybrid (all Titleist) and found a mint set of Ping Zing 2s....I couldn't pass up I remember darts back then with ZING 2s.....yup, they are darts today. JZ Stiff stepped shafts - so easy to stroke including the 3 iron. Can't fade them worth a darn but I can work a draw....but I have to work it to make them draw....otherwise they are dead straight and super high.

Range and short game practice been all I've done at the old Buckhorn in Comfort.

June 2 is day two of the Federal Snapper season opener though. Got to go offshore for some jumbo snappers on the opener. Like opening day of deer season, dumb and plentiful.
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-19-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I’m suprised it’s not always near Houston. I thought this site was more of a SE Texas site. Wonder what the demographics of members are

Comment

Oakhurst is a decent track that plays pretty generously. It's wide, not a lot of water and not crazy long. Course is usually in great shape.

I don't think it ever matters how good you are on any given golf course....that's why they sell balls in boxes of 12.

I've had our company golf tournament there for 11 out of the last 12 years and they always do a great job hosting. Food has always been good. People are always great to deal with. I know the guy that owns the course and to say that it's not "stuffy" is an understatement. Oakhurst is very laid back.

For those of you coming in from out of town, there are several nice places to stay within just a few miles and lots of good places to eat very close by.
                Curt gets it.

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                I'm thinking Fredericksburg or Kerrville!

Broke out the sticks after a long session of collecting dust. Heck, replaced the woods, added a hybrid (all Titleist) and found a mint set of Ping Zing 2s....I couldn't pass up I remember darts back then with ZING 2s.....yup, they are darts today. JZ Stiff stepped shafts - so easy to stroke including the 3 iron. Can't fade them worth a darn but I can work a draw....but I have to work it to make them draw....otherwise they are dead straight and super high.

Range and short game practice been all I've done at the old Buckhorn in Comfort.

June 2 is day two of the Federal Snapper season opener though. Got to go offshore for some jumbo snappers on the opener. Like opening day of deer season, dumb and plentiful.

I thought I talked a lot of golf BS, and I had a dozen Coast Guard logo balls reserved for you if you made it. Post up some photos of the catch! I also might have had a Zing 2 1-iron to round out e set.

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                I’m suprised it’s not always near Houston. I thought this site was more of a SE Texas site. Wonder what the demographics of members are
                I guess this is the "earn it" year for the Houston Chapter of TBH Golf.
                Last edited by 18ncs; 04-19-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                  That's pretty darn funny especially considering your in Dallas. LMAO
                  Ft. Hood is the crap hole of Texas, but Houston is dang close.
                  Last edited by KLWoodall; 04-19-2018, 12:42 PM. Reason: I forgot something.

Comment

A quick review of the scorecardindicates the highest ratio of backyards to course yardage I have ever seen. Hope no one will be throwing the ol’ frisbee in their front yard

Comment

Im gonna try to make this one since its pretty close. Now if the Chief Plan Maker doesnt screw up these plans I should be good. . . .

Comment

You north Houston boys better not let us down. Get your team together and then get your friends to put teams together. No reason we cant get 50 teams together. BRING IT! If I didnt already have my ringer, I know who I'd be bringing.

Comment

This sounds like a great time. I’m a very very mediocre golfer but I love it and know how to have a blast

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            You north Houston boys better not let us down. Get your team together and then get your friends to put teams together. No reason we cant get 50 teams together. BRING IT! If I didnt already have my ringer, I know who I'd be bringing.

How many teams did we have last year?

Comment

I don't live near the golf course, but I'm sure you could cover the 3-4 miles in a well-charged cart.
                              Are you renting out rooms at your place??

EZ40 and I will most likely come down Friday for a practice round.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                                How many teams did we have last year?
                                That's a good question....Dale, Mary?

Comment

Working...
                                X