No announcement yet.

Best trailer tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 ply Hankook trailer tires work well in Mills county.

Comment

Whatever you get make sure you run in at the recommend pressure. My boat trailer tires run at 55 psi I think, higher than I would have thought.

Comment

Maxxis M8008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a few guys that swear by LT tires instead of trailer tires. As long as you can match the load capacity of a trailer tire which sounds like you should be able to with your light trailer.

Comment

I use a cheap car tire on mine instead of Trailer tires. They have been great. Now that being said I don’t haul a lot of weight with mine. Heaviest thing I haul is my lifted golf cart and a few hundred pounds of corn once in a while. I have healed 1500 lbs or so short distance.

Comment

In that size I would go with Goodyear Marathons.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                10 ply Hankook trailer tires work well in Mills county.

This and done.

Comment

What your dealer won't tell you is the life span on a ST tire is 4 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    I know a few guys that swear by LT tires instead of trailer tires. As long as you can match the load capacity of a trailer tire which sounds like you should be able to with your light trailer.

This helps overcome the speed rating issues of many trailer tires.

Comment

Originally posted by BRANDW View Post
                      In that size I would go with Goodyear Marathons.

You don’t

They’re expensive, out of round, and fall apart

Spend your money on something else

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I’ve been running Transeagle tires on my trailers for years. Small trailer & tire guy in my town turned me onto them. He sells a ton of them. I have never had a failure like many of the cheap China bomb brands…

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                          Not sure why this was pulled back to the top, but I'll never use another ST tire again. Been there, done that, had the blow out. LT tires for me, period, unless the trailer is of sufficient size as to exceed reasonable LT sizes and loads.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I take care of a few fleets and sell some transeagle and a lot of super cargo in that size. All radial and 8 or 10ply just have to check what your wheels are rated for. We also sell Carlisle and gladiator. All brands are Asian with the exception of the Goodyear endurance which is made here and a good tire but carry a steep price most don’t want to pay. Try to stay away from bias ply and stick with a good radial. Of all the ones I’ve listed can’t really say which my favorite is. They all carry their advantages and disadvantages. You can always find people who have had both good and bad experiences with all.

Comment

maxxis trailer tires, hands down.

Comment

Best trailer tire

I’ve had great luck with Heartland tires from Discount. A little pricey, but worth it. I’ve put them on all of my trailers, including boat trailer and campers.

Comment

Working...
                                X