No announcement yet.

Hot Shot hauling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to find loads to haul? Uship seems to be shady kinda like Craigslist

Any good load boards I should look at?

How do dispatch companies work?

Comment

Getloaded and Get Paid- DAT's guide to everything you need to start your trucking business.

The #1 load board for growing your business. Truckstop is the freight community’s most trusted partner in freight rates, data, negotiation tools, and load board solutions.

Find loads and trucks fast with full access to the trusted DAT Network. Freight matching designed for shippers, brokers and carriers.

Comment

Most dispatch companies take 10% , most of the sites i listed above have mobile apps , you can find your own loads and save that money .

If you get all your junk together , authority , ins etc, send me a message . I load hot shots daily all over .

make sure you get at least 100K on cargo as well .

Comment

What about small deliveries that can be made with a 250 or 150 pickup truck, any market for that

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
            Most dispatch companies take 10% , most of the sites i listed above have mobile apps , you can find your own loads and save that money .

If you get all your junk together , authority , ins etc, send me a message . I load hot shots daily all over .

make sure you get at least 100K on cargo as well .

Ok thanks

Comment

Still researching this venture but have decided to go with a used older per emissions class 8 with a sleeper cab. Looking at Pete 378s, FL Classics, KW T800s, and W900s with a N14, 3406E, or 60 series under $35k. Most I have seen have had an inframe already with paper work for that work.

Would be looking to lease on as O/O as power only to start off and set money aside monthly to buy a step deck. Willing to work the lower 48 - Cali

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                I have know a lot of hot shotters, several personal friends. I don't know anyone who has made it last. You need big bucks keep it going when things go south.....and they always do.

I can ship anything that will fit on a pallet just about anywhere in the US overnight for $400. You can't touch that trying to drive a truck.

You have a partial. a Trailer holds a lot of partials.

Comment

Comment

Ended up with a new Ram 3500 and 40ft trailer and wrapping up getting my own authority.

Ill work my way up to a semi if and when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                      You have a partial. a Trailer holds a lot of partials.
                      Yep

Comment

I have a friend that started doing hot shot. He has a truck and a flatbed trailer. No CDL. He's making $3-$4k per week. He says his only regret is not doing it a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I have a friend that started doing hot shot. He has a truck and a flatbed trailer. No CDL. He's making $3-$4k per week. He says his only regret is not doing it a long time ago.
                          Now that’s impressive, especially if that’s clear money before fuel etc. What is he hauling? That would make me consider coming out of retirement. I bet most big rig drivers doesn’t make that after they pay their fuel bill.
                          Last edited by tps7742; 10-04-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Big demand right now in the oil patch for reliable trustworthy truckers.
                            I have have had a difficult time finding them to haul our equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                              Big demand right now in the oil patch for reliable trustworthy truckers.
                              I have have had a difficult time finding them to haul our equipment.
                              Im looking for loads send me your info.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                                Now that’s impressive, especially if that’s clear money before fuel etc. What is he hauling? That would make me consider coming out of retirement. I bet most big rig drivers doesn’t make that after they pay their fuel bill.

He's hauling oil field equipment and supplies. It's a good time to be in that business in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X